Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Sox @ A's 4-27-05
I just noticed the game thread didn't have the line up in it. This is one for the ages, and must go into the archives Scott Podsednik, LF Willie Harris, 2B Carl Everett, DH Paul Konerko, 1B Jermaine Dye, RF Aaron Rowand, CF A.J. Pierzynski, C Chris Widger, 3B Joe Crede, SS
-
Sox @ A's 4-27-05
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:04 PM) I gotta go back to work about a half hour into the game. DAMMIT!!! Call in sick
-
Today's Lineup
QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:04 PM) Has Widger EVER played third?? I wonder if this is just Ozzie saying aw f*** it lets go have fun... How s***ty would you feel if you were Oakland and lost to the sox with this defensive set?? Come on Fredy!!! That's one where Oz walked into the lockerroom and said "OK who can play short or 3rd?" and went with whoever said they played it in college or the minors.
-
Today's Lineup
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:52 PM) It's for real..... Scott Podsednik, LF Willie Harris, 2B Carl Everett, DH Paul Konerko, 1B Jermaine Dye, RF Aaron Rowand, CF A.J. Pierzynski, C Chris Widger, 3B Joe Crede, SS
-
Today's Lineup
QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:44 PM) Is Iguchi hurt or something? I think I would rather see Willie at SS than Crede... I wonder if he got shook up on the take out slide by Haterburg?
-
Bears' Draft Earns High Grade
QUOTE(Goldmember @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:34 PM) at least he can't be any worse than quinn or krenzel... No doubt about that... and hopefully the QBs get longer than a 3 step drop to throw the ball.
-
Sniff, sniff...
The second pic is the one I liked. Very cool. Now the Republic of Texas would like to talk to you about all of those bluebonnets that Puck killed...
-
Today's Lineup
QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:37 PM) I heard the same thing, the preliminary lineup is just that ... Widger at 3B, Crede at SS, Willie Harris at 2B. Did not hear a status on Uribe's and Ozuna's ailments. OMG This is unbelieveable. :puke
-
Energy Poll
I voted yes, but it isn't my first choice. I read that if we had built all of the nuclear power plants that were being planned, but got cancelled after 3 Mile Island, that the US would have long since met the Kyoto numbers for coal pollution. Nuclear power I think is a much better option.
-
Today's Lineup
QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:25 PM) Mrs. Al Lopez's Ghost tells me she heard we are starting Crede at short, Harris at second and Widger at third. Busy day for Konerko, I'd say. Ozzie must want to win this game in the worst way! No offense, but either your wife is drinking or Ozzie is
-
Congress rushes to clean out closets
Delay has plenty of company
-
Hastert retreats on ethics rules
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/27/politics...artner=homepage
-
April 2005 Quotes of the Month
From southsideirish71 on signs that US Celluar is trying to copy Wrigley Field
-
Sniff, sniff...
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) I'm already thinking of new kitty names.. I think Sidney will be very lonely if he doesn't have someone to pal around with. Its gotta be Willie or MVP...
-
Closers
One league I drafted Shingo and Mariano. Things are better, but still scary. I also picked up Mike Adams, and that didn't work.
-
New FutureSox poll
I'm a little biased in my vote.
-
Al-Qaeda? Al-Qaida? or however it's spelled
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:34 AM) Can we agree to say it's difficult to evaluate the quality of a politically charged film? Objectively? Absolutely. People tend to like what they agree with.
-
Al-Qaeda? Al-Qaida? or however it's spelled
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:26 AM) So I should just accept it from people that didn't see it that it was bad, no f'n way. No, more like the people who did see it, saw what they wanted to see and hear, and of course loved it. Its just like conservatives listening to Rush, they hear what they want to hear, so they think it is great. Its not that complex of a concept.
-
Cab crash in NYC this morning...
There is nothing more annoying about downtown Chicago than the damned cab drives. So many of them drive like complete fools and ignore the rules of the road so that they can get their next fare. I would rather saw off my leg than to hire a cabbie.
-
Al-Qaeda? Al-Qaida? or however it's spelled
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:16 AM) Wow Republican supporters laughing off the issue. I'm flabbergasted Likeability of Moore aside Farenheit was generally viewed as a good movie. According to imdb 66% rated the movie as a 7/10 or better and according to rottentomatoes.com 84% positively reviewed the movie. But I guess they're all stupid liberals right? I'd be interested in hearing documentary favorites from Republicans. Of course it got rave reviews from people who watched it Most people who thought the movie would be a biased BS attack movie didn't watch it. How would they review a movie they didn't watch. The people who wanted it to be a good movie, watched it, and lo and behold loved it.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Hans Grapje was raised in a Catholic school in The Hague, Netherlands and, as a young man, aspired to become a priest However, he was drafted into the Army during WWII and spent two years co-piloting B17s until his aircraft was shot down in 1943 and he lost his left arm. Captain Grapje spent the rest of the war as a chaplain, giving spiritual aid to soldiers, both Allied and enemy. After the war, he became a priest, serving as a missionary in Africa, piloting his own plane (in spite of his handicap) to villages across the continent. In 1997, Father Grapje was serving in Zimbabwe when an explosion in a silver mine caused a cave-in. Archbishop Grapje went down into the mine to administer last rights to those too severely injured to move. Another shaft collapsed, and he was buried for three days, suffering multiple injuries, including the loss of his right eye. The high silver content in the mine's air gave him purpura, a life-long condition characterized by purplish skin blotches. Although Cardinal Grapje devoted his life to the service of God as a scholar, mentor, and holy man, church leaders agree: he will never ascend to the Papacy. No one wants a one-eyed, one-armed, flying purple Papal leader.
-
Wasserman named CL Pitcher of the Week
:headbang Congrats!
-
Allow me to list the ways..........
QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:13 AM) I was shocked when I woke up to see the Sox lost 9 - 7. I went to bed it was 3 - 0 Sox and it was going into the 5th....I thought Mark was cruising getting DPs when needed and all that. Then it seems all hell broke out... oh well one of those bad nights. They have to put it behind them and win today... That was exactly when I went to bed... just after 10 o'clock. Imagine how disapppointed I was this morning
-
Ozzie opened his big damn mouth again...
QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:09 AM) I got it, Mike. I figured most would, but after reading responses, I wasn't sure
-
Ozzie opened his big damn mouth again...
Guys that was sarcasm...