Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(southsider17 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 09:57 AM) No way are we gonna pay a bench guy $4.6 mil. And that's what Polanco would be since I don't see them benching Uribe, Iguchi or, believe it or not, Crede. If Crede falls back to form, or more accurately, had always maintained previous form, then Polanco could be inserted as the starting 3Bman. But with Crede's hot start, any chance of benching him, remote to begin with, is now nil. I always though Polanco would have been a good offseason pick-up in lieu of Iguchi but so far Iguchi has impressed. In July Polanco won't be owed $4.6 million, it will be half of that. Keep that perspective in mind. That being said, I don't think the Sox make a move for someone like this unless Uribe is hurt badly. Not just 15 day DL hurt, but groin tear hurt. And that is not the case here.
  2. Preliminary estimates are about 4 months right now.
  3. Nobody likes this thing. Inukshuk improperly designed Nobody likes the logo Native groups don't feel represented
  4. QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 11:14 PM) Talked to the Bull tonight he is feeling much better and will make his Wensday May 2nd Start against West Tennessee Excellent
  5. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 07:35 AM) Sox back home after a very good road trip sending Contreras to the mound. Tigers sending Robertson out there, the Tigers have won 4 in a row since being swept in that 2 game series to the sox. It's going to be a pretty cold-rainy night, Go get 'em Jose Hey 2k5 or cap one of you guys want to pin my first gamethread?? Gosh the service around here sucks. Yeah, I can fix the service around here... I guarentee you'll never complain again AFTER I BAN YOUR ASS!!!!
  6. QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 07:39 AM) The guy I want, who I wanted a couple of months ago when we were talking draft is Craig Hansen. He has a 1.21 era, 37 innings, 53 K, and only 18 hits. He is a closer from St. Johns, and I know a lot of you don't want a reliever in the first, but we have been without consistency at the closer's role for many years. He has got 3 pitches, fastball mid to upper 90's, big slider and developing change. I think he is one of the best pitchers in the draft, period and would be great for the Sox. He would be easy to sign and would allow us to in the 3rd or 4th take a guy who was considered hard to sign and give him the $ that we save from Hansen and the 2nd round pick that we don't have. After Royce Ring, the Sox will not draft a closer, and after the whole Jeff Weaver, Bobby Seay, Bobby Hill experiences they will not draft a Borass client again.
  7. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 05:21 PM) $4.6 million doesn't fit into the budget, especially since we are paying Ben Davis $1 million to play for Charlotte. I wouldn't be so sure of that, especially as we get to the trading deadline. JR went on the air a while back and said that there is still money in the budget. Plus if we can keep winning and increase the attendance, we will add someone, just like we have for years now. Lets not forget that payroll has gone up 50% from the end of 2002 until today, and JR has always added players for a team in contention.
  8. QUOTE(silver and black @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 07:39 AM) i live in minnesota... what do you think? Just trying to get the facts together... I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts it is a hoax by a white male.
  9. QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 07:29 AM) Update on this story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7677130/ Just how drunk do you have to be, for this to sound like a smart idea?
  10. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 07:23 AM) Feel the love. I just love the irony of something so subjective bringing out such judgements upon people.
  11. Is your town a mostly white middle class community, with a small minority representation?
  12. southsider2k5 replied to AddisonStSox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 09:51 PM) Ah.... I thought you said you were wearing a frat guy... An odd fashion accessory, to be sure. My mistake. I also wear any number of retro hats, 1917, 1926 road (my favorite), 1959, 1972... My original 1983 is still servicable if a little ratty, so I haven't bought a replacement. You have pretty much hit upon my collection. I hated the early 80's look then, and I definately have no interest in it, now that it is the "cool" thing. my 1929 my 1926 my 1917 my 1950 my 1959 (recently responsible for the 8 game winning streak) Then I also have some odd balls, like the 1906 which is blue based with the white pin stripes and small white s-o-x, the green St Paddy's hat, the base black hat, and some unique designs.
  13. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:51 PM) I could understand 'Indy" maybe. So would Indy music be stuff like Dueling Banjoes and Achy Breaky Heart?
  14. I just got offered Tad Iguchi for Aramis Ramirex... I countered with an offer of Miguel Tejada for ARam
  15. southsider2k5 replied to AddisonStSox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:36 PM) Pretty sure if you met me in person, you wouldn't call me a frat boy. But I was. And I wear a retro hat. Shut up Frat-boy
  16. QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:38 PM) Let's change your handle to quickman, there are striking similarities ... I have no idea what you are talking about??? I'll bet you a steak dinner that Iguchi starts at SS, and we lose the game because some piece of s*** screws it up.
  17. I am betting Iguchi will start as SS tommorrow.
  18. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 03:55 PM) Stephen Drew is a Borass client. We aren't drafting him. Exactly. Hopefully he ends up like that Harrington kid.
  19. Tying run is on now.
  20. QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 03:11 PM) For anyone watching, did T. Long botch Ford's double, or was it legit? It was an error for sure. It would have been 2nd and 3rd from what I could see.
  21. Anyone watching this game on MLBtv? Berroa just got hit and walked right into the pitch. And low and behold they didn't call him back... wierd.
  22. Sisco hung a slider for that one.
  23. I drafted him in one league, which was much smaller, and jumped on LaTroy Hawkins as someone had already grabbed Herges.
  24. http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/28/eaten.by...reut/index.html
  25. QUOTE(UHOHBYEBYE @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 12:37 PM) Dye is terrible, when hes not injured hes sucking up the place. We have several options that we could work in the lineup, and even if its using Timo, at least we know that he will get some hits with men on base. Dye- UH OH BYE BYE I liked you better when you were babybearhater. Uh-oh, bye-bye!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.