Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Heck if STL is sitting on 4 years 32 million backloaded, they might be able to get Renteria for the same years and amount, just all up front.
  2. The Sox are really looking at having a potentially deep bench after they sign one more middle infielder/utility man type player.
  3. The dreamers will dream, and the b****ers will b****...
  4. The Cubs did offer $3 million in incentives on top of the base salary...
  5. That's pretty much what I said in my blog about it... That's why I wonder if the Dye stuff is legit, and we are really looking at someone else?
  6. So where was the Hermanson news yesterday?
  7. :puke is what I make of it. I've seen better defense played by the Bulls.
  8. That's cool. I just am sick of people ripping on the Sox without having any sense of what is going on around them. There are much better organizations in baseball, but there are also much worse, which makes it hard for me to call the Sox a joke. You want the punchline to a real joke? Pittsburgh Pirates. See what I mean? A $70 million payroll is not a joke. Mark B, Freddy Garcia, Frank Thomas, etc are not jokes. Anyone who signed Todd Ritchie AFTER the Sox screwed up is a joke. Having to explain a $30 million payroll to your fans is a joke. Not finishing above .500 for 10 years is a joke. Anyways, you get the point.
  9. That's an awful lot of hope
  10. To steal a phrase.... "Your(sic) Talking Logic..It doesn't work here" No sense banging your head against a wall Jim
  11. Actually you would make a much better Yankees fan.
  12. Because I understand one thing. Its entertainment. I have expectations in my family, at my workplace, at my home, etc. I don't have expectations of entertainment, other than to be entertained. Why would I want to do something in my freetime that pisses me off? It doesn't make any sense to me.
  13. Bonus. That means we aren't sacrificing any picks for him either, and we can continue to rebuild the system.
  14. That's OK because he didn't seem to want to answer my arguement
  15. That I am glad to hear.
  16. Meh, I'd rather see Baj get a shot at it...
  17. And that's what I mean. Why so irrational when it comes to the Sox? For God's sake its not like the Sox have a $30 million payroll like Devil Rays. Its not like the Sox traded a World Series team like the Marlins. Its not like the Sox never resign anyone like the Pirates. Its not like the Sox are pocketing revenue sharing money like the Brewers. Its not like the Sox lost 120 games like the Tigers two years ago. Its not like the Sox are the Expos who have traded away some of the best players of our generation. Its not like the Sox are $300 million in debt like the Diamondbacks I could keep going, but you get the point. Yes the Sox aren't the Yankees. They don't have a metro area of 15 million people to draw fan to. They are the 2nd team in a two team town. The Sox do have middle of the road payroll and a middle of the road attendance. They aren't some joke, just because they didn't go out and spend a stupid amount of money on a pitcher who has been healthy for one year in the last 5. They also aren't the Angels who have a rich owner who is willing to lose $20-30 million a year. Eventually the Angels will end up in the same situation as the DBacks did. Its not like you walk into McDonalds and expect a gormet meal, why do you look at the Sox and get angry that they don't spend outside of their means?
  18. Same old rant, different day... I'll never understand the expectations that some people have of the Sox.
  19. The biggest pay drop an arbitor can award is 20%. Maggs couldn't have made less than $11.2 million in aribitration.
  20. Definately best of luck to Kelly
  21. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6672235/?GT1=5855
  22. Speaking of ruining "santa"
  23. I feel like the 12th guy on a good basketball team. Every has to chant for him to finally come of the bench. But I always have a :fyou for Borass, just for you Addy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.