Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Soxtalk Alleyball thread
My squad. Any trade offers, lets talk. PG B. Barry (SA - G) SG M. Redd (Mil - SG) G J. Williams (Mem - PG) SF A. Jamison (Was - F) PF T. Duncan (SA - FC) F Z. Randolph (Por - PF) C E. Okafor (Cha - FC) C C. Mihm (LAL - FC) Util T. Murphy (GS - PF) Util G. Hill (Orl - SF) BN D. Howard (Orl - PF) BN S. Livingston (LAC - PG) BN J. Jackson (Hou - GF)
-
Two CFers Reportedly Available
Think about the s***hole that was their fifth starter this year. They had it every bit as bad as we did.
-
NO Astros Cards thread?
WTF is wrong with you people Tied at 4 in the twelvth inning. Great game
-
Two CFers Reportedly Available
He is also $8 million a year.
-
6'4 175 pounds, 86 mph fastball...
You can bet Brian Cashman is trying to talk him into moving to a nondraft country so he can sign him easier
-
Kerry may have "won" the debates......
Where is the "PA moves to Borneo and becomes a missionary without internet access" option?
-
70,000 dead in Sudan
By acting do you mean taking it to the UN? Colin Powell has been up there at least trying to get sanction passed against the Sudan, but that wording was too tough for some of the others. What would you like to see, a US invasion? I find it ironic that Bush gets questioned for acting in these cases how everyone wanted him to act with Iraq, but now complains about in the cases of Sudan and North Korea. Which one should it be? In one case 6 way talks are too much, but acting in chorus with thirty something nations isn't. Almost sounds like a bad joke. Hey how many countries does it take to stop genocide in Africa? I don't know, it has never been done. And finally once again, why should Bush have to act? Why do we have the UN if the US needs to take care of genocide, because gosh darn it, economic sanctions are just too tough on a country that has sponsored rape, torture, and the genocide of 70,000 people and counting. Why are we even paying UN dues?
-
If all else fails,
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...0&e=5&ncid=1756
-
70,000 dead in Sudan
Great system my ass. Tell that to the million dead in Rwanda, or the 70,000 dead in Sudan, the 400,000 dead in Angola, the 225,000 dead in Liberia, the 200,000 dead in Sierra Leone, etc. The UN is impotent to act as it should be able to.
-
70,000 dead in Sudan
There in lies the problem. The US shouldn't have to push the UN. What is the point of a world body if they won't act to protect people from genocide, repeatedly? And the thing that pisses me off the most is that the UN can vote 200-1 to take action, but if that one country is a permanent security council member, nothing will be done. The UN in its current form works about as well as the Aricles of Confederation. If they really want to create a world body, they need to make sure that it isn't subject to the whims of 51% of one country. Or in the case of China and Russia, the entire world's wishes can be stopped by one single person. Think about that. If Vlad Putin doesn't want to help the Sudan, he alone can stop an entire world body from acting.
-
70,000 dead in Sudan
Yeah that's what the UN is for... oh wait, it isn't even bad enough to impose "sanctions" on Sudan. I guess they'll just wait for the body count to hit a nice big round number before acting like they did in Iraq... oh damn. Nobody is going to to a damn thing about Sudan, just like they did in Rwanda.
-
70,000 dead in Sudan
Rape as a weapon in the Sudan
-
Bush wins election endorsement
Absolutely he did. Or at least one of his top advisors, but the dots are easily connected. France, Russia, and many UN members were on that list. There was over 200 people being bribed by Saddam. I guess you could call them the coalition of the bribed...
-
Two CFers Reportedly Available
Valdez and Gload for Wells? There would have to be a lot more than that for Toronto to even start to listen.
-
Kerry may have "won" the debates......
I know some people really hate this site, but is the best collection of polls and info on the net, at least that I have found. There is a ton of info there. http://www.electoral-vote.com/
-
Two CFers Reportedly Available
I doubt it. I can't imagine the Jays taking on salary in a trade. Besides rumors are that Delgado has a deal worked out to resign with the Jays for much cheaper than he was making.
-
Two CFers Reportedly Available
I was kind of thinking the samething. They are going to get a huge savings with Carlos Delgado, so I can't imagine that its a payroll problem.
-
Two CFers Reportedly Available
Damn Vernon Wells would be sweet. What is his contract situation? Anyone know?
-
Did I miss something?
Look no furhter than Aaron and Willie. In a foot race, Aaron wouldn't even be close. On the basepaths, I would take Arow in a heartbeat.
-
Did I miss something?
I guess you are openning the "I h8 Willie" club right next door to my :fyou Magg$$$ club Maybe we can get booths next to each other at Soxfest
-
Did I miss something?
Someone has to warm up the bullpen guys, and throw gum to the kids in the crowd
-
Did I miss something?
Oh come now my little Hoosier, you have been around plenty long enough to know that answer. As Mr Garrison sang... "Its Easy M-kay"
-
Did I miss something?
It is an epidemic all over the league. I don't know if it is crappy coaching the minors, bad attitudes out of the players, rushing players to the majors, or some combo there of, but it happens way more than it used to. This team is devoid of many little league basic fundementals.
-
Did I miss something?
Hey Rex for some reason your post went up twice... I just deleted the 2nd one.
-
Did I miss something?
Your kidding right? Look at half the players we bring up. Look at Crede and Borchard's swings... they should have known how to swing a bat before they got up here. Heck Aaron's swing was terrible when he got here. None of these kids know how to bunt... It is more than just Willie.