Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Just eat this season and get a top 3 pick. This team needs an impact receiver, and they aren't going to find him at #10. They need Mike Williams.
  2. Rex might not be ready for the start of the season. Achillies tendons are ugly injuries. But that being said, if Warner has any amount of success in 2004, I would imagine he would be out of the price range of what the Bears would be looking for as a stop gap measure.
  3. Just an observation, I wonder why it is mostly the east coast posters who hold this point of view?
  4. Eric Milton= James Baldwin... Plenty of moxie, plenty of luck, plenty of pay, not much in the way of results.
  5. After watching Adkins and Cotts for a season, I think both of those guys are more than capable of stepping up into those spots. They both had quality seasons. Both obviously went through dead arms in Sept, but if we don't end up signing more pen arms, it wouldn't upset me nearly as much as other positions.
  6. southsider2k5 replied to qwerty's topic in SLaM
    Well at least it wasn't the $7 it would have been before Bush was elected [/color=green]
  7. I just saw this, all I gotta say is ZING! (And don't worry you and your wifes Christmas presants are in the mail.)
  8. Honestly I don't think I could ever volunteer for anything and maintain objectivity. I perfer to stay out and open.
  9. Seriously, relax a little bit. In case you haven't noticed, this isn't the most formal board in the whitesox universe. We perfer to give our posters some space.
  10. I would guess you are a little high on Aaron as his is not arb-eligible yet. Also we get $2 million next year for Contreras from the Yankees.
  11. Happy Birthday!
  12. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...s_cws&fext=.jsp
  13. Because I would be the only one reading it
  14. I do try to read a lot. It keeps my mind working. It bugs me when people only read stuff they agree with. It doesn't challenge ones thinking at all, and it never makes you challenge your own opinions. Honestly I think I read about half a dozen news sites, two newspapers, a bunch of blogs, and assorted other crap during a typical day. Not to mention, I always have an ear on CNBC on the tv at work, the business newswires that our company has, and just about any interesting conversations going on at work, on the train, or somewhere else.
  15. Maybe I am thinking of the wrong pitch then Our trainer in HS was at Evansville before he was with us, and he was talked about retraining Andy Benes on his curveball to finish with his thumb pointed it, after having had arm surgery in college. Or at least I thought it was a curveball...Maybe my mind has gone fuzzy after 12 years.
  16. Something like the Reader? Or is that not targeted?
  17. http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/l...iraninitssights
  18. Its also the only newspaper in Chicago that has intelligent and indepth articles vs the sensationalism of the ST or lack of depth of the other papers. I do also spend lots of time reading sites like the BBC, CNN, and MSNBC on-line.
  19. No way. I need a newspaper that actually has news in it.
  20. "I'M GAY, I'M GAY!" You gotta love the honesty of that John Ashcroft
  21. I work out past there... I stop there to grab the Trib in the mornings.
  22. Someone sounds a touch jealous
  23. Yeah I saw the people handing our fortune cookies and newspapers at Union Station, but I rarely pay attention to that stuff. I just didn't realize all of that was connected.
  24. Ah, I gotcha. Thanks
  25. anothernotalentassclown@aol.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.