Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dick Allen

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dick Allen

  1. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 08:54 PM) Whoa! The season's over? Wow. I thought it was still June. Jeez, I'm clearly an idiot. Wow, it's 90 degrees in October! You said the worst he would do, he's already doing worse.
  2. QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 09:59 PM) This is not a bad comparison, both needed some last minute fine tuning to really make it. The only real difference is in the details, Stewart has been kind of jerked around between relief pitching and starting pitching. He dropped his once 93+ four seamer in favor of the starter-ish sinker and never found it consistently once moved to the pen (which IMO is hard to do). There is a bit more reason to think he'll turn it around than Jeff Marquez (or hindsight is simply too clear), but it's a similar idea and really a very similar trade overall. Hopefully we make out as well as the Yankees did when we had to sell of Swisher for nothing. I actually didn't mind Stewart as much as most, but if he has to be a starter to be effective, I'm saying he's selling insurance in the next 18 months.
  3. Might as well keep Hudson around. Youk is always going to be day to day.
  4. Shockingly the thing that propelled this deal was the inclusion of Stewart.
  5. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 06:20 PM) What's up with all the Kaplan hate? Everyone calm down and enjoy the fact that Kevin Youkilis at his absolute worst is a .680 OPS. WORST. Why are you lying? His current OPS is. 670.
  6. I guess this means Morel is pretty much done this season.
  7. I agree. I don't think extra motivation is going to make him better. I think he's been plenty motivated. Its all about health.
  8. At least Herm knows the routine. He'll have Youk on his massage table. Is it wrong?
  9. Once again, KW suggests attendance needs to improve to add payroll, and a week later, albiet fairly small, adds payroll. Pardon me while I roll my eyes next time the attendance issue is mentioned. I will give him credit today, he did say when asked about the financial part of this trade, after the proverbial"I don't wan't to talk about it because you will bury me" , "It made sense to us from a player standpoint. It made sense to us from a financial standpoint". I wish that is what he would say everytime.
  10. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 04:53 PM) Nothing to complain about here at all. Reasonable gamble, better than the Manny Ramirez one, less expensive for a lot more of the season AND you give him numerous chances to get back at the Red Sox and prove his true worth for next season and the FA market. Stewart was done here and Lillibridge never became a RV favorite. Just had too big a swing for his approach to be conducive to limited bench play. We will miss his speed and pinch-running abilities, but Jordan Danks can make up for the OF defensive and has above average speed, if not a base-stealer per se. It also should be a popular move from a team marketing/attendance standpoint...it definitely won't hurt. Plus if he's great you have an option for next year. I am not expecting much but this is a real low risk move that could pay off big, so why not.
  11. Carlton Fisk came to Chicago from Boston when he was 33
  12. Now Escobar on deck s/b confirmation about the Bridge
  13. I am at the game and JorDanks has a bat with a Lhp on the mound. I would assume the Bridge is gone
  14. QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:32 PM) In other years, that would be cause for worry. This team seems more focused on the road. They are going to have to play better at home to have a realistic shot. I think they will. Ventura is even better than I imagined. There is something about quiet yet intense guys.
  15. QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:15 PM) I like Jamie Moyer and want a team to sign him......but would rather not have the Sox sign him. I can agree with this. Hopefully Detroit or Cleveland. William Tell is the Paul Konerko of posters.
  16. As much as they try they will have a tough time creating a better market for Youk. Even if he hits 4 homers foday its not going to make much of an impact. They really don't want to trade him to the proper color Sox but it really may be their best and maybe even only option. 2 weeks from now they are looking at a release.
  17. Anything that gets Digger Phelps out to the park, I am on board. Moyer is toast. Unless you are planning on hanging out to on the OF concourse and want to get hit by a ball, I have no idea why you would want Moyer pitching for the Sox.
  18. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 09:30 AM) Kevin Youkilis is in the Red Sox' lineup Sunday, playing third base and batting sixth. Youkilis is expected to be traded soon, but his presence in the lineup makes the possibility of a deal going down Sunday unlikely. Will Middlebrooks is also playing, as he's slotted into the DH spot. David Ortiz is getting a day off. Rotoworld Maybe they're pulling a Wood/Cubs deal and giving Youk one more ovasion during a game that counts and the result hasn't been determined uet. Nah there's only one franchise that cornie
  19. Lillibridge not good
  20. Jake feels blessed
  21. QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 06:19 PM) Lol Morgan has 3 RBIs in 161 AB Speaking of 3 rbi Juan Pierre hit the first 3 run homer of his career today.
  22. All AL Central teams except the Sox have lost today.
  23. This fresh start crap that many are hoping will prompt Youkilis to be the player he was before he was hurt reminds me of the same hope we had when Robbie Alomar came from the Mets. Fresh start, out of NY, with his brother...Youk's problems aren't in his head, they are all over his body. Please don't overpay.
  24. QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 12:18 PM) ^^^well thats just silly. Ofcourse they wont have to give up a top prospect. No one will unless there are more pieces to the deal. That's one possibility, that's its just a piece to a larger move. Considering the Red Sox had scouts at White Sox games last week, although it may have just been advanced scouts but they don't play each other for almost a month so that wouldn't make much sense, the more it seems probable its at least been discussed.
  25. QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 12:13 PM) Pirates Beat Writer: #Pirates won't give up front-line prospect (Taillon, Cole, Marte) for Youkillis. Might offer 2nd-tier guy if they get lots of cash in deal If any team is really contemplating giving up a top prospect or taking on much cash, they need a new front office. Boston has to get rid of him before they have to release him. I don't think any team can be that dumb. I'm sure anything they have been offered is fairly similar. Willing to take his money or a big portion of it or willing to give a top prospect, and this deal would have already been done.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.