Everything posted by chw42
-
Sox vs. Angels 5/27/09 9:05
Weaver might K the side right here.
-
Sox vs. Angels 5/27/09 9:05
Floyd Ks 2 of 3.
-
Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread
It's about time to reflect on just how much the Hawks overachieved this year. Good season.
-
Sox vs. Angels 5/27/09 9:05
Weaver absolutely owns us. I think I'm happy with the series win.
-
Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread
Two words on that stop from Huet: holy s***.
-
Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread
That was one hell of a goal by Kane.
-
Matt Cain
QUOTE (Reddy @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:52 PM) CAIN. IS. NOT. GOOD. I don't get the love. he'd be even worse here. Peavy was concerned about the AL? hah. this kid would be lit up. If you're all that concerned that he's going to get absolutely rammed in the ass in the AL, let's look at some of his stats. ERA+ of 122 in his career. That's adjusted for his ballpark and the National League. That's not all that bad. A road ERA of 3.90. That's a half run difference between home and away, so this isn't Jake Peavy we're talking about. He also has a 3.55 ERA in Interleague play across 12 starts. All of those factors tell me that he'll at least post a ERA around 4 if he played here. With the run support he will get, he'll be a decent pitcher. Nothing Jake Peavy-like, but still pretty damn good. Decent #2 or #3.
-
Matt Cain
- 2009 Cubs thread
Carlos Zambrano cheated me out of a win and I need to find a starting pitcher for next week. GAH!- Quentin heading back to Chicago
QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:22 PM) Guy in my fantasy league dropped him. Should I grab him off the waivers? Guy who dropped him is an idiot.- Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Finally. The LeBron is better than Jordan s*** can stop now. He can't win it by himself, see?- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (BearSox @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:51 AM) The whole west was their house of horrors. Anaheim was just a little better than the rest.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (scenario @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:49 AM) I think this will be the first time he's ever pitched in Angel Stadium. If so, that could be a good sign. He's done well in his first go-around at most AL parks. Yeap, it'll be his first start at the big A.- Matt Cain
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 27, 2009 -> 10:09 AM) The Giants wound want Gordon Beckham. No way around it. They need a middle-infielder with good pop and contact skills. Matt Cain's a good pitcher, an unlucky one, but i'm concerned that his skillset might fair rather badly at the Cell. They can't have Beckham, you can't trade him yet. The last thing SF needs are starting pitchers, which is what the Sox are willing to trade right now. I don't think they would take a Chris Getz and I honestly don't think Ramirez is a good idea to trade. If they really want a middle infielder, I honestly don't see it happening. Now if they want Jermaine Dye and another prospect, that's manageable. But I can't think what this offense would be like without JD and Quentin.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:43 AM) We need Gavin Floyd to pretend the Angels are the Pirates tonight. The way they've hit these last two games, that can be done.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
We didn't come through that much with RISP, but oh well. Win's a win and the offense hit Saunders pretty well. How 'bout Jayson Nix man? Defense up the middle was special and who knew Pods can throw? Torii Hunter certainly didn't. I hope Bobby's alright. I don't like the idea of Linebrink closing games much.- Sox @ Angels 5-26-09
Tell Bartolo there's a nice buffet waiting for him in the clubhouse if he pitches well. He'll throw you 6 innings of shutout ball.- Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
QUOTE (WCSox @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:08 AM) Paging Roy Oswalt. Please pick up the white courtesy phone. From one redneck to another...lol.- WHITE SOX WINNER!
Alexei looks like he's back at it. Quentin was starting to heat up a bit too, but that heel is really screwing him up. I think last night was more of the Angels couldn't pitch variety rather than the White Sox are hitting the s*** out of the ball. You don't score 16 runs off of Ervin Santana and a decent Angels staff after you only scored 3 against Jeff Karstens and a combined 11 runs against the Pirates in 3 games. If that wasn't the case, then I honestly don't know who got these guys motivated to try again. Great win, just hope they saved some for today.- Bedard questions
Bedard rarely pitches more than 6 innings and asks for Barry Zito money. I'd say no way.- Game Thread: Pit @ CWS at 1:05 CDT on CSN
Bobby threw one pitch that inning that was not a fastball and that was his slider. Seriously, even the Pirates can hit fastballs if you give them 13 straight fastballs.- Game Thread: Pit @ CWS at 1:05 CDT on CSN
Maybe Linebrink should have closed this one today since Bobby forgot that he had a curveball.- Game Thread: Pit @ CWS at 1:05 CDT on CSN
You have to be kidding me right?- Game Thread: Pit @ CWS at 1:05 CDT on CSN
So close yet so far away. Can't we just sweep a team already?- Game Thread: Pit @ CWS at 1:05 CDT on CSN
DAMN IT. - 2009 Cubs thread