Everything posted by chw42
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
They know how to situationally hit and don't hit into double plays. We're the exact opposite. Edit: I read this as the Rays lol. The Jays are a lot like us, they have a bunch of guys on paper who are good but don't put up runs.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
I can't believe they let him play and run the bases on that knee after he got hit.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
How many times have we won the first game in a series, only to lose the last 2 with an absolute horse shit lineup in the last game? It's gotta be more than 5 series since the ASB at this point.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
lol letting Hamilton hit there is a joke.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
Romy only gets hits in the 9th.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
Vaughn hitless in the series at his hometown. Pretty disappointing.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
No, you're not wrong. I think we score most of our runs in the first 6 innings. We're one of the worst teams at scoring late in games.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
Oakland's bullpen had been awful heading into this series. We have 2 runs off them so far.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
I'm surprised that's the difference right now.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
I think had we hired Hinch like Hahn wanted to, we'd probably have Grossman as an everyday corner OFer. But we might also not have Lynn or Hendriks had we gone that route.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
I mean, he's seen how the bottom 4 have hit. There's not much hope if we can't get anything with Abreu and Grandal here.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
It's pretty unlikely the 9 spot even comes up again, so it is what it is.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
I hate the way he's managing right now, but I still think if there's one thing I trust TLR about, it's load management and managing for the playoffs. It's hard to argue against his experience and pedigree there. We'll see how it works out, but I'm just going to pretend he has a plan and knows what he's doing.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
We can't even pinch hit for Seby cause Grandal is DHing...
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
Knowing Eloy, he'll get hit in the knee if he pinch hit.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
Oh boy here comes bad Bummer to make this game really out of reach. Edit: GameDay said Andrus walked and then switched it to a strike out. WTF is going on?
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
I said I'd be shocked if 6-9 got more than 1 hit today. They're proving me right so far as they only have 1 and there's a chance they don't come up to the plate again this game.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
I mean, it's not the worst idea considering how bad we are with guys on 3rd base.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
It's easy to be dead when there's only 3 real hitters in it right now. If Robert, Abreu, and Grandal don't get it done, nobody else will.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
102 off the bat at 24 degrees should go farther than 391 feet. Stupid Oakland.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
Vaughn just missed that one. The ball just doesn't carry at this dumbass park.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
Mendick is either positioned terribly or has no range for a SS.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
It's not a good throw, but Cesar probably should have picked that.
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
Well that was a disaster...
-
9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch
Lopez's velocity is a bit down this inning.