Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Where are you seeing him say Collins is involved?
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Why? Woodruff has 4+ years of control and is a young proven TOR starter. Yeah, losing Heuer sucks, but I’m not losing sleep over Lopez or Collins. As for the Lynn package, the best prospect you are giving up is Stiever. Again, sucks losing Heuer, but your rotation would be six deep next year with Kopech still in house. I’d happily make either of those deals.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Which one do you hate or both?
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Which is why Hahn may be looking into converting Kopech plus other stuff into a legit TOR starter.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Fuck it, I gave it to midnight but am going to have to call it. That being said, if Not Steve Cishek is correct, I’m predicting it’s a 4-1 swap for a TOR starter. Here are my two guesses: Lynn for Stiever, Heuer, Adolfo, & Collins Woodruff for Kopech, Heuer, Lopez, & Collins
-
Trade Watch Rumor
I’d hate to trade Kopech because of his ceiling, but if you’re getting a cost controlled starter that better fits your window then I can see the logic in doing it. Adding a Clevinger or Woodruff is an immediate game changer for our rotation and makes us much stronger over the next few years. Hell, Woodruff only has one or two years less control than Kopech and has already flashed five win starter ability. Add one of these guys to the top of your rotation alongside Giolito & Keuchel and you can give Cease & Dunning more time to develop / build up arm strength.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
I think Woodruff, Hader, and whatever difference in cash is probably more valuable than DeGrom under his current terms.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Yeah, theoretically you could try to sell McCann on a C/DH role with Mercedes also in the mix. RF would be your only major spot to fill.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
I can’t see Gallen being moved.
- Trade Watch Rumor
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Well that one rando said Kopech + Vaughn for Woodruff + Hader. If you throw in Heuer, Collins, and some other pieces (Adolfo, Lopez) is that enough? Would we want to make that trade?
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Heuer + other stuff for Marte + Bradley? Still think whatever deal Cishek is referring to is for a starter.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Kudos to @fathom on calling out Heuer being a legit trade chip during today’s game. I thought it seemed crazy, but totally seems legit now.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
I think it’s got to be something bolder than Gausman.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Heuer’s involvement also suggests it’s a team looking to retool than rebuild. Both the Indians & Brewers fit the mold there and perhaps the Diamondbacks?
-
Trade Watch Rumor
I don’t disagree, but he’s definitely not the blue chip prospect we all remember from Cincinnati.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Preller clearly on the hot seat.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Reinforcements, as in plural? Oh fuck, that random dude was right about Hader & Woodruff!
-
Padres Acquire Clevinger per Multiple Reports
Well there it is! In Steve Cishek I trust!
-
Trade Watch Rumor
He’s definitely been losing some steam and it’s very possible the big prospect publications are just lagging behind in awareness
-
Trade Watch Rumor
100% agree on this.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Lol...read this as Arnie Munoz and was like “holy fuck he’s still around”
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Honestly, once he opted-out I kind of felt the Sox might try to use him as a trade chip for a legit TOR starter, primarily because he hasn’t pitched for two years and will require a lot of hand holding these next couple season. And the fact they shopped him as part of the Clevinger trade kind of cements that, assuming the rumor is true.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
Because we know they shopped Kopech as part of a Clevinger trade, so it wouldn’t be surprising if he was involved in deals for other players. Heuer didn’t pitch today when there were multiple opportunities for him too and Cishek is saying major league talent is involved. And Collins is not traveling with the team despite being the clear number three catcher.
-
Trade Watch Rumor
If Kopech is involved it’s got to be