Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Where are you seeing him say Collins is involved?
  2. Why? Woodruff has 4+ years of control and is a young proven TOR starter. Yeah, losing Heuer sucks, but I’m not losing sleep over Lopez or Collins. As for the Lynn package, the best prospect you are giving up is Stiever. Again, sucks losing Heuer, but your rotation would be six deep next year with Kopech still in house. I’d happily make either of those deals.
  3. Which one do you hate or both?
  4. Which is why Hahn may be looking into converting Kopech plus other stuff into a legit TOR starter.
  5. Fuck it, I gave it to midnight but am going to have to call it. That being said, if Not Steve Cishek is correct, I’m predicting it’s a 4-1 swap for a TOR starter. Here are my two guesses: Lynn for Stiever, Heuer, Adolfo, & Collins Woodruff for Kopech, Heuer, Lopez, & Collins
  6. I’d hate to trade Kopech because of his ceiling, but if you’re getting a cost controlled starter that better fits your window then I can see the logic in doing it. Adding a Clevinger or Woodruff is an immediate game changer for our rotation and makes us much stronger over the next few years. Hell, Woodruff only has one or two years less control than Kopech and has already flashed five win starter ability. Add one of these guys to the top of your rotation alongside Giolito & Keuchel and you can give Cease & Dunning more time to develop / build up arm strength.
  7. I think Woodruff, Hader, and whatever difference in cash is probably more valuable than DeGrom under his current terms.
  8. Yeah, theoretically you could try to sell McCann on a C/DH role with Mercedes also in the mix. RF would be your only major spot to fill.
  9. I can’t see Gallen being moved.
  10. Well that one rando said Kopech + Vaughn for Woodruff + Hader. If you throw in Heuer, Collins, and some other pieces (Adolfo, Lopez) is that enough? Would we want to make that trade?
  11. Heuer + other stuff for Marte + Bradley? Still think whatever deal Cishek is referring to is for a starter.
  12. Kudos to @fathom on calling out Heuer being a legit trade chip during today’s game. I thought it seemed crazy, but totally seems legit now.
  13. I think it’s got to be something bolder than Gausman.
  14. Heuer’s involvement also suggests it’s a team looking to retool than rebuild. Both the Indians & Brewers fit the mold there and perhaps the Diamondbacks?
  15. I don’t disagree, but he’s definitely not the blue chip prospect we all remember from Cincinnati.
  16. Preller clearly on the hot seat.
  17. Reinforcements, as in plural? Oh fuck, that random dude was right about Hader & Woodruff!
  18. Well there it is! In Steve Cishek I trust!
  19. He’s definitely been losing some steam and it’s very possible the big prospect publications are just lagging behind in awareness
  20. 100% agree on this.
  21. Lol...read this as Arnie Munoz and was like “holy fuck he’s still around”
  22. Honestly, once he opted-out I kind of felt the Sox might try to use him as a trade chip for a legit TOR starter, primarily because he hasn’t pitched for two years and will require a lot of hand holding these next couple season. And the fact they shopped him as part of the Clevinger trade kind of cements that, assuming the rumor is true.
  23. Because we know they shopped Kopech as part of a Clevinger trade, so it wouldn’t be surprising if he was involved in deals for other players. Heuer didn’t pitch today when there were multiple opportunities for him too and Cishek is saying major league talent is involved. And Collins is not traveling with the team despite being the clear number three catcher.
  24. If Kopech is involved it’s got to be

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.