Everything posted by DirtySox
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
For those that haven't seen Santarelli before. Look at the freaking tree trunks on this kid. The power upside is stupid.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
After sleeping on it I'm pretty excited about the current draft class. It's good. It's solid. But today it could turn into a great class. I imagine they have 3 to 4 million to play with. I feel like Santarelli is absolutely going to be one of the selections. If they could also add in a prep pitcher on top of that I would be pretty stoked. Eli Herst is one of my favorites. There are also a few guys we've heard linked with the White Sox that haven't been selected yet to consider. Sean Dunlap, Ethan Bass, and Dylan Boewen most notably. Hoping they take two decent swings today on guys. Fine with punting the rest.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Carlos Collazo loved the day one haul.- And that's a SHUTOUT White Sox 1-0 Winner
Wrong thread.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
From Overslot on Teams with Money to Spend on Day 2.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Law liked day 1 for our Sox.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Just listened to Doyle's podcast recap for day one. Some notes below on the Sox. White Sox did what he expected them to do. Expects the Sox "to get real splashy on day 2." Heard Roch will get 10.5. Grady getting 10. Prosek is a pro hitter. 4th in the country in home runs. Can play SS, C, OF. Volchko gonna get you with 3K RPM breakers and could pitch in the bullpen right now. 🙃 Segura is a model darling. 4 pitches, low launch, great fastball/slider combo. Fixing his sequencing could be low hanging fruit. Starter profile.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
I think I'm a bit "meh" at the moment. I'll be underwhelmed if they don't come away with some high upside prep dudes tomorrow. Roch is a great pick, you can't mess that up. I don't hate Thome, just was hoping for something a bit more impactful. I love the Prosek pick a whole lot. I understand the need for Volchko in the mold of a Grant Taylor/Gabe Davis type. Segura is whatever. Not super inspiring to me. Need to see the whole picture after day 2.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
- Tristan Peters, Mune are All-Stars
- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Catching up on the game I missed. Brooke said Roch was in the house and in the locker room for the Braden walkoff game. How cool.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
It happened with Crochet 6 years ago and with Sale 16 years ago. Please give me more examples of them fast tracking pitchers in the same year they were drafted. Jack McDowell in 1987? I'll happily take this bet.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Here's the Volchko porn I was looking for.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
I see @Y2Jimmy0 lurking. He might have some insight into bonus demands perhaps?- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Brick is incredible value at this point.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Really hard to say. If you have Roch getting 10 million and everyone else getting slot, the Sox have about $4.3 million to work with which includes the 5% overage. I feel like Volchko might be getting over though. Maybe he's 1.5 million? I'm hoping some bonuses come out tonight via Twitter.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
White Sox take Eric Segura. Feels like the White Sox are playing it straight.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Red Sox got Jace. First Boston pick I've liked.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
There goes Keon Johnson. A late rumored name with the White Sox.- Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
It's all guesswork at this point. We only know Roch is getting around 10 million. - Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.