Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DirtySox

Members

Everything posted by DirtySox

  1. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 06:55 PM) Gonzalez finished 2-3, 2 HR, BB. Thompson 2-3, 2B Trayce also had a SB. I'm getting real excited about this kid. I initially laughed at the Mike Stanton comparison article last year, but now it doesn't seem as far-fetched.
  2. Trayce Thompson on BA's hot sheet. Nate Jones on the helium watch as well. http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prosp...010/269874.html
  3. QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 11:52 AM) I wish we would have signed Justin Jones or even Brian Goodwin over Holmberg. Both have the talent to be future first rounders. I wish we spent more on the draft period.
  4. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 12:54 AM) I heard Bumgarner's FB was topping out at 88? I hope that's wrong. That's quite alarming if true. It's true. Bumgarner is broken, and noone knows why. There was some recent articles about it. Everyone merely thought he was overworked at the end of last year and his velocity would be back this season. That has not been the case, and it is very troubling since they can't find anything wrong with the kid. Edit: Neyer's recent piece: http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/i...ing-in-triple-a
  5. Trayce has hit his 3rd HR of the season.
  6. QUOTE (Chisox88 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 09:08 PM) Maybe we can get Bryce Harper! Rendon please.
  7. Paraphrased from BP's FutureShock portion because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to quote paid content. Trayce Thompson, OF, White Sox (Low-A Kannapolis) Monday’s stats: 2-for-6, HR (2), R, RBI, 2 BB, K, CS Thompson was an uncertainty during last year's draft. He was still rather new to baseball. Despite this, his tools and ceiling ranked with the best of the prep prospects. He might have flown under the radar due to his unimpressive high school stats and rawness. The quickness of Trayce's adjustments has been remarkable. He arrived this year with a better approach at the plate, and has been using a much shorter and smoother swing. It's evident from the two home runs in in the previous 3 games that these changes are paying off, and Thompson has considerable explosive potential.
  8. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 08:39 PM) Kannapolis going into extras. Trayce Thompson currently 2-3, HR, BB, 0 SO. Power and walks. Hopefully we continue see both. The K-rate in rookie ball was scary.
  9. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 04:03 PM) Like '08? Man, at least we pick good years to suck. Like '08 strong or better, but stacked with pitching instead of hitters.
  10. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:03 PM) I think you're talking about Anthony Rendon the 3b of Rice. He's great. Don't forget about Taylor Jungmann, Gerrit Cole, Sonny Gray, Alex Meyer, Jack Armstrong and Matt Purke. The 2011 class is going to be fantastic. It is stacked.
  11. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:12 PM) Hitters acting like they've never seen a change-up For what it's worth, Romero's changeup is anything but typical. I've seen hitters say they thought it was a screwball or a splitter. It is a very unique pitch he throws.
  12. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:02 PM) I also look forward to seeing what Shoemaker does in an extended season. I am as well. I firmly believe one of Shoemaker/Ciolli/Colligan is going to end up a quality prospect. I'm leaning towards Ciolli currently.
  13. Kanny opening day roster: http://static.newsroom.mlbcontrol.net/docu...ster_040210.pdf
  14. QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 01:34 PM) TV? Nope. On WSCR though.
  15. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 01:31 PM) Ugh, Nix at 3B? Come on Teahen, get it together! Teahen is on the back fields today putting in more swing work.
  16. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 03:03 PM) Bill Melton name of the day: Dexter Flowers. Don't forget Gordon Danks.
  17. QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 11:18 PM) Leesman gave up 2 runs. Just saw the box score, 9-1. Sigh... Viciedo struck out again. Bad sign. And the bullpen got rocked. Not that any of the probable 25 man roster guys oithced. At De Aza got a tripe. Good to see. 3 errors, not so good. Not a good night overall. The box score is not nearly indicative enough of his ugly the game was. Countless walks, passed balls, popups dropping between fielders, grounders through the legs, pitchers throwing to the wrong base, pitchers late in covering first, wild throws to first, and dropped throws at first. I think that covers everything.
  18. QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 10:11 PM) I don't know, someone said he was earlier in this thread. They were incorrect. http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...n-throwing.html
  19. QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 10:00 PM) Has Jenks pitched yet? He isn't pitching tonight.
  20. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 04:21 PM) Man, Viciedo looked awful in his last at-bat. He looked just as fugly in his previous at bat. Lunging at any breaking pitch and missing badly.
  21. QUOTE (spiderman @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 03:47 PM) Who are you referring to, and is this something the White Sox have been linked to? Sounds like Berkman.
  22. QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 06:02 PM) I'm just saying that guys who decline offers are looking for a payday. Whether it's with the Sox or not, remains to be seen. Pretty sure he only declined one offer, and it was below what we was worth considering his 2008 campaign. I fully expect talks to resume if the finger problems are out of the picture.
  23. QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 05:46 PM) Honestly, I'd almost rather trade John Danks than Daniel Hudson in any Gonzalez/SD trade. With the way Danks1 has refused contract buyouts, he's almost certain to leave via free agency the first chance he gets. The way he's been refusing contract buyouts? Do you know something we don't? Because the only offer I'm aware of was the near identical contracts that were offered to both Gavin and Carlos after the '08 season. He stated he wasn't approached with any deals this offseason, which I would assume is because the organization wants to see if the finger problem is behind him.
  24. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 11:08 AM) MLB-Tv will broadcast thirty spring training games and at least five of those are Sox games. You can see the TV schedule at MLB.Com And all those White Sox games on MLBNetwork are going to be blacked out in the Chicago land area. You can compare here: http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/spr...3732/#more-3732 http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press...sp&c_id=cws
  25. QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 04:14 PM) In the world where he performs such that we want him back the next year. That was the premise of the post. Even if he has a good year, do you think he's capable of being in the top 40% of all the 1B/OF/DH in MLB based on statistics over his 2 previous seasons based primarily on AVG, OBP, HR, and RBI ? He was number 75 out of a group of 99 based on '08-'09 stats. It's not going to happen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.