4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN

knightni

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
Yes, because all of Ozzie's poor managing can be written off by Peavy's bad start.

Are you saying that Ozzie's managing last night had more of an impact on the game than the first inning?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
Yes, because all of Ozzie's poor managing can be written off by Peavy's bad start.

Wow, I didnt see all of that in Zeligs post. You sure can read good

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Wow, I didnt see all of that in Zeligs post. You sure can read good

Zelig responded to a post asking how Ozzie could screw up a lineup, with "not having Peavy give up 5 runs." That's counter-intuitive; Peavy sucking (which we all agree is a huge problem for this team) has nothing to do with taking responsibility off of Ozzie's poor decision making. Peavy starts every 5 days, Ozzie makes the lineup 100% of the time.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
Zelig responded to a post asking how Ozzie could screw up a lineup, with "not having Peavy give up 5 runs." That's counter-intuitive; Peavy sucking (which we all agree is a huge problem for this team) has nothing to do with taking responsibility off of Ozzie's poor decision making. Peavy starts every 5 days, Ozzie makes the lineup 100% of the time.

I must have missed the word "lineup" in that post I quoted.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)

seeing how Floyd has gotten lit up in his starts this year, I think the only counterintuitive thinking is your reading into Leonards post and deciding what he was actually talking about.

I also hope that Floyd doesnt give up 5 runs in the first inning, which is possible. And it has nothing to do with ozzie

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)
Pierre and Beckham should not be hitting so high in the order. Nor should Rios be hitting that low.

at this point, Ozzie can draw names out of a hat and put them in that order and we wouldnt know if it was right or wrong. Its top to bottom fail right now

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
at this point, Ozzie can draw names out of a hat and put them in that order and we wouldnt know if it was right or wrong. Its top to bottom fail right now

I think it was Bobby Valentine who did that once because his team was struggling. They ended up winning the game. Maybe Ozzie should just draw names out of a hat.

Edited by hogan873

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
I think it was Bobby Valentine who did that once because his team was struggling. They ended up winning the game. Maybe Ozzie should just draw names out of a hat.

It was Billy Martin. He called Reggie Jackson into his office in '77 and had Yogi Berra write down all of the names he picked out on a blackboard.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
It was Billy Martin. He called Reggie Jackson into his office in '77 and had Yogi Berra write down all of the names he picked out on a blackboard.

No, it was BUBBA SMITH!

Good news about Kotsay batting today: the more ABs he gets, the closer he'll be to getting DFA'ed.

So, Ozzie, please, continue to play Kotsay. Once his BA drops to around .050 you'll HAVE to get rid of him.

Edited by TitoMB