Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DirtySox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DirtySox

  1. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 18, 2010 -> 10:29 AM) Brentz was actuallly a much bigger prospect a few years ago. He's fallen off a bit, but his upside is a lot bigger then his current numbers show. That being said, i'd still take Wilson over him. I'm kind of bullish on Brentz now. I'm not sure I would like him at 13. I would have liked to see similar numbers to what he did in 2009, especially considering the subpar competition he faces.
  2. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2010 -> 10:16 AM) Ranaudo's stock is falling. I'm well aware. Mayo wrote a piece about it yesterday in fact. http://minors.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/05...ng_on_with.html He could be a high risk high return guy at 13. Kind of similar to how Gibson fell to Minny with his injury concerns. Not sure how much he is seeking and if the Sox would be willing to work with Boras though. I don't think he has the most leverage, especially with his injury concerns of late.
  3. QUOTE (BaseballNick @ May 18, 2010 -> 10:09 AM) If they go with a pitcher, then it sounds like Alex Wimmers is their guy. He's a very safe pick. Projects to go mid to late 1st round, with #3 starter kind of stuff (so he'll be on the board when the Sox pick). Low 90s fastball, nice curve, and decent change-up. He's pitched well for Ohio State this year. I keep coming back to Wimmers as well. I'm not the biggest fan, but yes he has a nice 2 seam and a good curveball. I'm going to keep hoping that one of Ranaudo/McGuire fall to 13.
  4. FWIW, many people seem to believe that Wilson's demands won't be all that ridiculous and he's very inclined to sign.
  5. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 16, 2010 -> 04:56 PM) I like Laumann a lot. He seems to have a pretty good idea about this organizations needs. I have no problem with him at all. I do have a problem with the resources he is allocated.
  6. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:43 PM) The next "stage" of this season couldn't come soon enough... Nobody's going to come out to the ballpark for walk-up sales anyway, so let's see what we've got ASAP. Aside from seeing what we have in our prospects, I'm looking forward to the draft. The optimist in me is hoping the organization (finally) realizes the importance of a fruitful farm system and ups the draft spending accordingly. Not holding my breath though.
  7. QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 16, 2010 -> 11:56 AM) How long is CQ going to be out? Is he headed for the DL? Did they find some dismembered body parts in the back of his luxury SUV or something? #WhiteSox Carlos Quentin says he was victim of food poisoning after eating chicken piccata at national chain. Guesses? about 14 hours ago via TweetDeck http://twitter.com/amandakaschube/status/14073677347
  8. QUOTE (NHDadUmp-RI @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:10 PM) Josh Sale. Thanks. Interesting. Legit high school bat. Hadn't even considered him really. I'm sure many would prefer Wilson over him though.
  9. Anyone with a BA subscription care to enlighten us who they have the Sox picking in today's mock draft? Would be very appreciated.
  10. I've been on the Smelter bandwagon all year. The splitter he throws can be nasty. If he can get improve upon the slider, I would expect big things. I'm hoping he's still around in the 2nd round, but I think he's going supplemental.
  11. Sox Again Set to Target Pitching in Amateur Draft While I don't think Workman or Asher are sniffing middle of the first round, I do think we end up with a pitcher with our 1st pick.
  12. Pierre lf, AJ c, Jones rf, Konerko 1b, Rios cf, Quentin dh, Teahen 3b, Beckham 2b, Ramirez ss, Garcia p
  13. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2010 -> 10:56 PM) If the Sox can avoid signability issues with Biddle, I'd love to add a lefty starter with front rotation potential in maybe the 4th round. Love Biddle too, though he is rather unrefined. He was getting first round consideration earlier this year I believe. I really hope that organization takes more risks with picks and in turn opens up their wallet a bit more. Draft spending has been pitiful, and the system needs more talent and depth in too many areas. A mere million more spent could pay huge dividends.
  14. QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 6, 2010 -> 07:21 PM) Pierre, Jones Q or PK would be gone then... And JD2 for 5 months of Berkman? Are they joking? Better than for Hudson or Flowers.
  15. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 3, 2010 -> 06:23 PM) I think we might need to turn this thread into General Draft talk. I think that would be a wise decision. Sickels 1st Mock Draft
  16. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 3, 2010 -> 07:43 PM) Charlotte in a rain delay, Viciedo 1/1, now up to .275 with 719 OPS. Morel (homer) and Shirek star for BIRM in first game of DH (win)...Shirek's closing in on the Prospect Hot Sheet. Trayce Thompson has a base knock for the #3 cars, sitting at .286 with 8 RBI's. Trayce just hit HR # 4 as well.
  17. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 3, 2010 -> 06:10 PM) The last 2 drafts I loved the Wsox 1st round choice and than later in draft getting guys like Danks/Thompson. It's every other round they need to improve upon, despite Morel's success from all accounts he was a super overdraft at the time and I personally hated the Phegley pick since an unproven bat to go along with questionability if he can play the position longterm. Hopefully they continue their success this year and we dont get any Broadway/McCulloch like that last mock draft has them taking. I absolutely hated the Phegley pick. How nice would Scheppers look in our system right about now? Here's hoping we spend some money on the draft this year.
  18. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 3, 2010 -> 06:06 PM) He's not injured now, but may want to return to LSU for his senior year to prove he's a top 5 pick talent. Although it would be a little foolish to voluntarily put yourself up against that 2011 pitching class. Agreed. It will be in his best interest to sign this year. I don't think he has that much leverage, especially as you mentioned with the crazy good pitching in the 2011 class.
  19. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 3, 2010 -> 05:04 PM) I can't see Ranaudo slipping out of the top 5. And to 9? i'm sure the Padres would be shocked and thrilled. Also, don't see Harvey, Brentz or Paxton going nearly that high. Harvey has pitched tremendously this year. His stock is way up right now. I think he is a legitimate mid to late first rounder. It's hard to get a read on Brentz. There are injury and makeup concerns, and the fact that he isn't playing the greatest competition doesn't help his stock. Though in a class that is rather weak in college bats, I could him going somewhat early to a team that needs a hitter and wants a signable pick. He should go for slot. I would be surprised if he goes any higher than the 10 spot though. I do agree that Paxton is too high on that site. I think he goes supplemental.
  20. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 3, 2010 -> 05:14 PM) With Ranaudo's injury I wouldn't shocked to see him fall, but 9/10 is probably his floor. He's certainly not the slam dunk top 5 pick like he was pre-season. This is absolutely true. Ranaudo's stock has dropped significantly. I think he could slip to mid first round easily. Cole is in a similar boat, though for different reasons. I would be stoked if either player was around at 13. I like Austin Wilson, his only real concern with the bat is pitch recognition. Michael Choice is another player I really like. Position player picks are sexier and more entertaining, but I really think we take a pitcher. I have this feeling we are going to end up with either Jesse Hahn or Alex Wimmers. Not the biggest Wimmers fan though. Andy Seiler's site joined SBnation recently, and is easily the best free draft resource out there. I've plugged it here before, but it really is insightful and loaded with information. http://www.mlbbonusbaby.com/ He recently posted his 5th mock draft of the year. Not sure when the 6th is due, but he updates frequently as player's stock change and information about which way a team is leaning leaks. Mock Draft #5 Mock Draft #4 Mock Draft #3 Mock Draft #2 Mock Draft #1
  21. Something Cowley something something Adrian Gonzalez: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...T-sox02.article
  22. Vizquel ss Beckham 2b Jones cf Konerko 1b Teahen 3b Quentin dh Pierzynski c Kotsay rf Pierre lf Danks p
  23. Quentin out with a strained hamstring. Kotsay in.
  24. Kevin_Goldstein Talking to scout about #WhiteSox outfielder Trayce Thompson. "Is this for real?" I ask. Scout: "Oh yeah, absolutely. He's tremendous." about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck http://twitter.com/Kevin_Goldstein/status/12895361422
  25. I'm not overly optimistic. I thought he should be repeating AA, especially considering the position change, the complete lack of plate discipline, and the struggling with any sort of breaking pitch. He still looked rather out of shape in spring training as well. The only positives I have are that he's still very young, and has incredible bat speed. It would be silly to write him off completely, but at this point I'm really not expecting much.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.