Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DirtySox

Members

Everything posted by DirtySox

  1. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:31 PM) Watching Matt Purke pitch for TCU. If you like good pitchers, turn this game on. Guy's a beast. Dialing the fastball up to 94/95 from the left side then making hitters look silly flailing at his changeup, and that pitch was supposedly weak this time last year. How long until the 2011 draft catch all thread goes up?
  2. One wonders if the Sox would take Choice over Brentz if both were available. While I think Choice ends up with San Diego, I like him much more than Bryce.
  3. Updated draft buzz: http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/06/05/draft-b...?sms_ss=twitter I think it comes down to Workman or Brentz. Maybe McGuire if he falls.
  4. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 07:04 PM) McGuire, with Workman, Wimmers and Wojo "in play". Much thanks.
  5. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 06:54 PM) Workman only working 88-90 in the 2nd. Command was a little off too as he was missing up. Did get a strikeout on a good slow curve though and froze another batter with a harder curve. Had a couple of nice cutters in there as well. Since you seem to be subscription king, what does Callis have for the White Sox in the new mock?
  6. Grandal is playing currently on ESPNU (at least in my area) in Miami/Dartmouth for those interested.
  7. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 03:30 PM) Wow, I hadn't even seen the draft rumbling about Grandal. That's great news if true. Reds are a threat to take Grandal, but I have a feeling they'll look at pitching. They took a catcher high in the draft a few years ago that's playing better (Morasco, I believe his name is). I like Grandal better than the majority of the college position players slated for the 1st round.
  8. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 03:19 PM) A question to ponder: if Grandal falls on draft day due to some of the uber-talented tough signs being picked high (Wilson, Karsten, Allie), do the Sox take him? http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog?name=m...%26id%3d5252652 I'm poor. No idea what the rest says.
  9. Pierre lf Vizquel 3b Rios cf Jones dh Kotsay 1b Quentin rf AJ c Ramirez ss Beckham 2b Danks p
  10. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 11:28 AM) BTW, Law also said that Castellanos is the only non college pitcher that's a possibility for the Sox. Awesome, thanks. I'm a big fan.
  11. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 11:11 AM) Law has us taking Wojo. BTW, B. Loux is pitching on ESPNU right now. Count me out as unimpressed. Thanks. Forgot entirely that college baseball is on all weekend.
  12. Mayo Chat today at 12 CT if anyone has questions. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fan_forum/chat/index.jsp Keith Law also has a new mock up, but I'm not an insider.
  13. Sickels final mock: http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/6/4/15...inal-mock-draft Doesn't sound like he's received tons of inside information, so take it for what it's worth. I like Eibner and think he could be a fine starter with some upside if he indeed takes the mound. I don't think he's worthy of the 13th selection though. I'd like the pick just fine if the Sox were picking in the 20ish range.
  14. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 08:42 PM) Deck is way better than those guys. Harvey seems like a lock for Arizona right now. Keep in mind that the guy on fanhouse yesterday seemed 100 percent sure the Sox wouldn't take McGuire. Indeed. McGuire is a top 10 talent despite the safety. I'd much rather have Deck than Workman/Wojo/Loux/Eibner etc.
  15. KG Mock: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article....articleid=11070
  16. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:28 PM) Huddy and Torres. Seconded. At this point in time there is no-one else worthy of a promotion.
  17. Evidently it's mock draft day. Seiler's Mock # 8: http://www.mlbbonusbaby.com/2010/6/2/14980...t-8-first-round Workman.
  18. I'm hoping for Harvey as well. Piliere just tweeted this though:
  19. New Mayo mock: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb Barret Loux is the selection.
  20. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 01:19 PM) I said it before, and I'll say it again, I have no problem if we go into fire sale mode this instant and go on to win only 30 more games. Being the worst team in baseball is worth it with Anthony Rendon being the top prospect next year. I said I'd take Rendon over Harper, and I'd probably take him over Strasburg. Rendon has a very similar approach to Braun and Longoria at bat, except he already has a much better feel for the strike zone at this stage and if you look at their college numbers, Rendon blows them out of the water. Rendon is amazing. I would definitely take him over Harper and Strasburg. Many scouting publications tend to agree. He is going to be a long-time cornerstone for whoever he ends up with.
  21. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 01:10 PM) As I stated earlier though, we picked a good year to be bad because the 2011 draft could be even more loaded than the 08 and 09 drafts. No doubt. The top of the 2011 class looks stellar.
  22. QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 12:59 PM) It seems like this draft is weak, unpredictable, and not filled with a lot of star potential. You would be correct. This is not a strong draft class. I expect quite a few surprises in the 1st round. The perception of 1st round talent is extremely volatile this year.
  23. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 12:30 PM) What's the scoop on the Minnesota guy, Kvasnicka? I think he is an over draft at 13, but he's had a bunch of helium lately. I personally see him as a late 1st round talent at absolute best. http://pnrscouting.com/scoutingreports_2010_kvasnickami.html

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.