Everything posted by OmarComing25
-
Cy Young Discussion
QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:03 PM) That rate is totally unsustainable. I am sure you personally know but league average is said to be 10%. His 12.1% HR/FB, 71.9% strand rate and .329 BABIP are all his career worst. I know it's unsustainable, my point was more that the recent barrage of homers he's given up has eliminated a lot of the sabremetrics-advantage he had over the other contenders.
-
If the Sox arent in the top 10, how do you improve this offseason?
If you're going with a multi-year rebuild you might as well trade Sale and Abreu. There'd be no point in keeping them if by the time we'll be planning on being good again their contracts are up.
-
Cy Young Discussion
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 11:00 AM) Looking at the AL David Price ERA 2.34 FIP 2.76 WAR 6.3 Chris Sale ERA 3.47 FIP 2.67 WAR 6.0 Dallas Keuchel ERA 2.51 FIP 2.89 WAR 5.8 Chris Archer ERA 2.92 FIP 2.74 WAR 5.4 David Price is probably going to win the AL Cy Young. Even with his struggles at times, Sale should be right in the mix though. God the Sox defense is atrocious. Sale hasn't really helped himself with all the homeruns he's giving up. In September his FIP is 4.68 and he's giving up HR on an insane 26% of his flyballs.
-
If the Sox arent in the top 10, how do you improve this offseason?
QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 11:41 PM) Don't sign anyone expensive. Take a couple lotto ticket flyers. Commit to building from within and give it a 3 year window. Example of someone who's a lotto ticket?
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 09:26 PM) Thank you and agree 100% on the bolded. Objectivity people, let's capture it! Agreed but to me I either see people way overvaluing our guys or way undervaluing them. Almost every Quintana proposal either has me imagining Hahn hanging up the phone immediately or personally driving him to the airport.
-
Cy Young Discussion
QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 09:38 PM) I wouldn't overthink it. Greinke has been dominating from the start of the season, and hasn't really stopped. Best ERA. Greinke, Arrieta, Kershaw. The gap in ERA between Felix and Kluber last year (0.30) was larger than the current gap in ERA between Arrieta and Greinke or Arrieta and Kershaw. Best ERA doesn't guarantee you the win.
-
2015 Cubs Catch-All thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 09:31 PM) Has a team ever had both CY winners from the previous year on their roster? You mean when Price signs with the Dodgers next season?
-
2015 Cubs Catch-All thread
QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 09:26 PM) I'm not sure, but I'm sure he's a Cub next year. I think the length of the contract will be the point of contention between teams. There's no danger of him not being a Cub next year, I'm just wondering how that might affect things. I'm still not entirely sure how arbitration works.
-
Cy Young Discussion
I honestly have no idea who wins the Cy Young at this point. I could see any of Greinke, Arrieta, and Kershaw winning it. Greinke's got the ERA, Kershaw dominates them both in advanced metrics, and Arrieta has the best combination of both. Considering Arrieta has arbitration coming up, does winning the Cy Young affect his salary for the next season?
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
I'll take the loss.
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
I want the top ten draft pick but it would feel good to sweep the Tigers the next two games, I'm conflicted.
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
Time for #30 here, Jose
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
Didn't break it up with a cheapie, nice to see.
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
Please get one lousy hit.
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
There goes the perfecto
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
They took Norris out?
-
If the Sox arent in the top 10, how do you improve this offseason?
QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 07:26 PM) I would go after either Doug Fist amd signier, Bud Norris, Ian Kennedy and see if I can get them on short term (1 or 2 years) deals with the intention of flipping them. I'd only do this if we trade one of our SP. It doesn't make much sense otherwise because you'd be blocking EJ and we need to find out what he is.
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
We're one inning away from the alert being sent out. If it's going to happen, then it's only fitting that it's with Q on the mound.
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 06:35 PM) Anyone else have a real annoying buzzing sound? Yes, I thought it was something wrong with my TV
-
If the Sox arent in the top 10, how do you improve this offseason?
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 05:11 PM) Zobrist doesn't strike me as a guy who would sign with a team so far away from the playoffs. Players go where the money is. I can't remember the last time a guy signed a contract because "he wanted to win."
-
White Sox at Tigers 9/22 game thread 6:08 first pitch
So now all ground-ball hits are Kansas City Specials, Hawk?
-
Gammons thinks Shark gets QO
QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 04:46 PM) Agreed. However it does give teams the impression that if they can get Shark away from the clown college known as the White Sox, he could turn it around. The talent obviously is there. Mark Really? So the White Sox ruined Samardzija? I understand we've had some bad luck with other players coming here and having bad years, but that's mostly been on the position player side. We do pretty well with pitchers for the most part, Jeff being an obvious exception.
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 04:33 PM) Maybe Fulmer-Plouffe is a little light on the Sox end but Plouffe hits 20 HR/year in Minnesota and has taken big strides forward on defense. The trade also gives me some pause because I don't want to see Fulmer killing us for years in Minnesota.
-
Who would you rather see get more PA's in 2016 for the Sox
QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 02:26 PM) You don't have to be overhyping Trayce Thompson to choose him in this context. Right, it's not like a lot of us think TT is a future star, just that he's looking to be a better option than Avi so far, and I want to find out more.
-
If the Sox arent in the top 10, how do you improve this offseason?
Zobrist scares me a little because of our recent bad luck with old veterans on the free agent market, but if the price is relatively reasonable I wouldn't mind giving him a 2-year deal (probably have to go 3 though). How much would he cost?