Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OmarComing25

Forum Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmarComing25

  1. 72 pitches, I'll take it.
  2. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 11, 2016 -> 02:08 PM) Ugh we never win challenges. When was the last one we won?
  3. Take a pitch right down the middle then swing at that junk. C'mon Lawrie.
  4. Hamels looks pretty wild again, need to take more pitches.
  5. Saladino saw 7 pitches out of the zone that AB. C'mon man.
  6. QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:53 PM) His K:BB is right in line with Keuchel thus far. Still striking out 1 per inning. It's also better than Latos (though not surprising seeing as that's not what Latos is known for) However, just saying, I don't think this is a good matchup for us today. If I were to step back -- I'm calling: Rangers 7 Sox 2 Hamels goes 7 innings. Strikes out 8, Walks 2. 2ER Latos goes 6, 5ER And I'm pretty good at stepping back and being smart on this - so i'll eat crow if im wrong - but I'm like 90% betting on the Sox this year (yesterday being one of my few losses --- wasn't fun waking up thinking I had won $$ and actually lost money....) Implying that this is a good thing. I'm not saying the pitching matchup favors us or anything, but Hamels shouldn't scare us that much either, especially if he continues to pitch the way he has and the offense continues to be as patient as it has.
  7. Thank you everyone for the kind feedback. I hope Avi keeps it up.
  8. QUOTE (Tex @ May 11, 2016 -> 11:03 AM) Based on your numbers you win. No disputing that. I wonder how baseball ever managed to survive with so many missed calls night after night. Just because baseball managed to survive doesn't mean you shouldn't continually strive to improve the game wherever you can.
  9. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 11, 2016 -> 10:31 AM) Where the hell were petricka and putnam? Your mopup man is not the guy you EVER want starting the 8th up five runs. He should only be used to mop up early in games where the starter s*** the bed. Awful managing. Petricka is on the DL and Putnam threw 22 pitches the previous night. He likely would have come in the 9th inning anyway. I don't have a problem with the call.
  10. QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 11, 2016 -> 10:20 AM) The Rangers have won like 20 of 21 starts when Hamels pitches .... so ..... And his control isn't that bad. 4 walks one game. 3 in a few. So not great - but he's also striking out like 7 a game. Among qualified starting pitchers, he's eighth in walk rate at 11.3%, that's pretty bad.
  11. Hamels has had s*** control this year and our offense has been taking a ton of walks the last few weeks.
  12. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 11, 2016 -> 09:25 AM) I hope our bats come out. I think if we get the mediocre Latos that would be a good thing and about as much as I could have expected when we signed him. He's doing a good job of pitching, but his stuff isn't good enough to continue to pitch like he did early in the season. Stay healthy and give us quality innings which keep us in the game is what I hope Latos can do. Anything more is gravy. Come on Sox...pick up the pen from last night. Against the Twins last time out his stuff wasn't the problem. His velocity was up near his career averages (even hit 96), and his swinging strike rate was double what it has been this season, and was also in line with his career averages. Control was his big issue, hopefully he has a better handle on it today.
  13. QUOTE (Dunt @ May 11, 2016 -> 09:18 AM) Everyone is acting like the Sox are running into a buzzsaw in Hamels. Sure, he's been a good pitcher in his career, but he's been pretty average so far this season. His BB% is way up, his HR/FB is way up, and his FIP and xFIP are much higher than his ERA. I dont actually know if he's much better than Latos right now in all honesty. I agree, Hamels isn't an ace anymore. And Latos was throwing harder than he has been all season last time out, if he can get some of his control back I think he'll be fine.
  14. It can't come soon enough, differing strike zones is probably my least favorite part of the game. I also hate that pitch framing is a thing, it's baseball's version of flopping.
  15. QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 11, 2016 -> 09:12 AM) It's just a reminder this team still has its mental midgets and I wonder how long it will take for the new players to settle in that same role. Sure it was bad game but even when the team is behind there are people in the pen who will give up a run. Man what a hot take.
  16. QUOTE (oldsox @ May 11, 2016 -> 07:00 AM) Every move Robin made in the 7th and 8th cost us runs. This one is on him. I can't agree, the loss was on the pitchers (and Jackson's poor defense). Robin really didn't have much choice with a gassed pen, Carroll, Duke and Albers should have been able to hold a 5-run lead.
  17. QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:51 PM) Really pathetic but Carroll, Duke, and Albers were all pretty terrible. If Jones and Robertson really weren't available then not much you can do. Every team loses a game like this every year. Duke was fine.
  18. QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:48 PM) If you think after this display this team is going to win anything this year you're out of your mind. Everyone in the pen is overrated, half the rotation is overrated... the pendulum swings back starting tonight and its gonna be f***ing brutal. It was a fun first 40 days, but the party ends now. Sarcasm?
  19. I have a hard time putting this on Robin, we had a 5-run god dam lead, the pitchers f***ing blew it.
  20. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 10, 2016 -> 10:19 PM) Minus the fact that they could hit, made the playoffs, have one of the best farm systems in baseball and pushed Toronto to the edge of elimination. Their pitching is really bad though, all around bad.
  21. Yes! Makes me nervous about how Rodon will fare with the long layoff though.
  22. Herrera gave up his first run of the season. 8-7 Yankees in the 8th.
  23. QUOTE (Green Line @ May 10, 2016 -> 07:45 PM) I would be ok with a long rain delay. Not liking the sox mojo to start this game, maybe a couple hours will change things. Not with a tired bullpen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.