Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OmarComing25

Forum Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmarComing25

  1. QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:24 PM) I'm also legitimately concerned moving forward that this will hurt the Sox's FA pull. Can't imagine many players want to be a part of something like this. Why would this affect future FA signings? That sounds like quite the overreaction. Very few people are siding with LaRoche on this. It will be forgotten in a week.
  2. QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:14 PM) So... Is there any sort of concern that this carries over into the season & comes a breaking point to a complete s*** show? I'm not concerned about that. It should blow over by the start of the season. These players are professionals, it'd be ridiculous if something this stupid continued to affect them once the season starts.
  3. QUOTE (Doc Edwards Shot @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:52 AM) Yeah, they didn't. They tried and LaRoche rejected the offer and retired. I was mostly responding to the other poster who made it sound like the Sox should just unilaterally make a change to this "deal" without even talking to LaRoche. Perhaps I misunderstood him, but that's what I took away from his post. I'm not taking LaRoche's side in this 100% and condemning the Sox front office. The more I read about this, the more it sounds like it's coming straight from Kenny rather than any of the players in the clubhouse. The players apparently were on LaRoche's side so much that they were ready to boycott a game in solidarity with him. I never said they should make a change to the deal without talking to LaRoche. But they have every right to try and make changes to it if the new players had a problem with it. Kenny told LaRoche to tone it down, twice. LaRoche refused to back down. And frankly, even if such a deal was in place, I highly doubt they meant Drake could be around EVERY single day, 24/7.
  4. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:04 AM) Been watching First Take for about four years now and this is the absolute first time that anything White Sox related has been talked about on the show in that time. The Cubs are locked and loaded for a trip to the World Series. The White Sox? #drakegate So embarrassing. It's really not. Who gives a s*** about First Take?
  5. KU, OU, UVA, UNC. Boring, maybe, but I think third time's the charm for Virginia vs. MSU. UNC over KU in the final.
  6. I don't care if it was fine last year, or even if there was a handshake agreement when he signed. Things change. If Lawrie/Latos/Frazier/Avila/Navarro or whoever came in and had a problem with it, then they have a right to make changes to the arrangement.
  7. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 10:14 AM) The more I hear about this, the more it falls on KW for handling it badly. There are only a few ways this could have started... 1. Kenny did this fully on his own. That's bad - he really shouldn't be interfering in the clubhouse that way. Leave that to the manager, coaches and players. 2. A player (or players) went to KW about it. This is also bad in terms of what it says about Ventura and the players involved. But either way, even if this is what happened, KW's response should have been to go to Ventura, agree on a plan, and have Ventura handle it. Not KW. 3. A player went to Ventura, who escalated it to KW. Same as #2, Ventura should be the one to handle it. It's not about the decision - which was a reasonable and professional one. It is the way it was handled, which sounds like, badly by KW. I'm not really sure I agree that Ventura should have handled it. It sounds like some of the players are upset with KW over the decision, and I'd rather they were angry with Kenny than with Robin.
  8. QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 09:42 AM) Ha ha, good one! " win the whole f***ing' thing!" What is this a reference to?
  9. Hopefully March Madness kills this story and the players go back to just playing baseball.
  10. Even if there was a handshake agreement, if some of the new players had a problem with it I don't fault them for changing it. Either way I'm already beyond sick of this story. Just go away LaRoche.
  11. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 07:39 PM) Maybe we'll hear from Ventura on Friday about this. Hopefully the campaign of the players to convince him to come back will go nowhere. It's a s***ty story. Nobody looks good here at all. Still not sure why the Sox don't look good.
  12. QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 06:58 PM) Nightengale seems to think LaRoche won't end up retiring. That would truly suck http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/colum...liams/81885844/ That's not how I read it. He's saying he shouldn't retire over this, not that he won't.
  13. Not saying I'm in favor of getting him, but I think he got pretty unlucky last year. His batted ball profile was good, and he hit the ball very hard, so he's a good bet to bounce back. He was also hitting the ball very well until he got hurt. However, I do not want him through 2019. No thanks.
  14. QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 03:29 PM) The Sox dont look bad in this situation to me. KW on the other hand looks like a complete ***. KW has to go and for me this just throws more fuel onto that fire. To say your not changing a policy but he can't have his kid there more then 50% of the time is completely chaging the policy. I can't stand KW but he did absolutely nothing wrong here.
  15. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 03:00 PM) Then the entire team should be annoyed with each other. Many teams let their kids in the clubhouse, many have a policy against it. Either is OK. Just don't have one that allows it, and then ask the player who this means so much, to not take advantage. As the earlier post stated, does he have this conversation if LaRoche had a big year last year, and was healthy this spring? I don't think he does. If the truth is he would, then I apologize to KW. They just asked him to dial it back and not have his kid there every single day. That's not unreasonable.
  16. QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 02:52 PM) This is a really stupid question, but does LaRoche's kid go to any type of schooling? I understand wanting to be in a Major League clubhouse with your dad, but the kid was getting really annoying. He is home schooled.
  17. QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 02:12 PM) JFC. How anybody will blame the Sox for this, I don't know, but they will. Look at the replies to the Rosenthal tweet, the majority are siding with LaRoche and calling the Sox "cold-blooded". Unbelievable.
  18. @JustDontKnowBro "Let me bring my kid to work with me in an adult environment or I'm going to give you $13M" is one hell of an ultimatum. Great tweet.
  19. QUOTE (Dunt @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:33 PM) So he retired b/c they wouldn't let his kid in the clubhouse. Lol. Wow. What a bunch of monsters.
  20. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:07 PM) Why do something to force him to retire, and then allow the team to try to talk him out of it? Just doesn't add up. Yeah that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
  21. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 06:55 AM) I don't like the idea of Jackson playing every day. His bat is just so bad.. It's better than Avi's bat though. He'll probably be at around a .700 OPS, which I don't think qualifies as "so bad".
  22. QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 03:23 PM) Beggars can't be choosers but what issues from the past are you referring to ? Probably referring to this comment: But he said that 10 years ago, so meh. I doubt it'd be an issue.
  23. "Like with Cuddyer’s retirement, it almost certainly comes with a buyout, so he’s actually not walking away from that much money. In other words, LaRoche probably chose something like $5-10 million to be home with his kids over $12 million to sit on the bench." From the comments section on a Fangraphs article, so the Sox may not be getting back as much money as expected from this decision.
  24. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 02:15 PM) Is there any package of players that doesn't involve Anderson or Fulmer or anyone on the current projected 25 that could get Carlos Gonzalez? I'm thinking no. Maybe a package centered around Adams? I don't know.
  25. QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 01:58 PM) Wow, crazy news. We'll gladly take the $13M in savings. I'd rather have a #4 starter than Bruce. There's none available right now though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.