Everything posted by OmarComing25
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
I assume Robin had Jake start the inning because he wanted a lefty to face Reddick but didn't want to pull Jones.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:39 PM) Maybe we need a bullpen pitching coach. Coop is awesome with starters. Our pen has reeked for a few years now IMO at least. Bullpen did not reek last year, it was serviceable.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
Confused why Jones isn't in
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
2 hard hit balls with nothing to show for it
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
Abreu having a nice defensive game
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
That was your pitch to hit.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
Ugly swing there
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
Let him go 7?
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
Nice jump by Jackson.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
1 pitch 1 out. Nice
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
I miss Rich Hill
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
Starts throwing the slider and suddenly everyone is whiffing.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
Heh, that was a loud f*** by Lowrie.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
He'll be lucky to go 6 at this rate. Was that a 30 pitch inning?
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:15 PM) Always this happens at Oakland. Sox swept A's in Oakland last year.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
Almost 90% fastballs isn't going to work.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
I think I missed game thread overreaction comments. Baseball is truly back.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
I feel like every team's fans complain about getting beat by mediocre pitchers, I've seen it from all over. I'm not sure I buy that the Sox have a unique problem there, and how true it even is. No one remembers the times when the offense scores 6 runs off some AAAA fodder, but the losses will surely stick out more in your mind.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:13 PM) I wonder if we should scratch Sale tonight. Seems like pitching him here is a waste when he's not needed to win. Pitch Danks against Hill and let him pad his record for trade value. Than come back with Sale later in the series when he might be needed to get a win. This can't be a serious post, right? You can never just guarantee a win in this sport. When the Sox were the hottest team in baseball last July, we had Sale go up against some bum knuckleballer on the Red Sox and got slaughtered. Travis Wood beat Clayton Kershaw. Scott Carroll outpitched David Price in his MLB debut. You don't take anything for granted.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
QUOTE (chisox802 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 03:16 PM) I don't like this at all. Rich Hill is the typical shi**y starter we never hit...... We were going to face him tomorrow anyway if it weren't for the food poisoning today.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
From Dave Cameron's "Five Things I Believe About The 2016 Season" today:
-
**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**
Yeah the Saviors started it all. Plus Rick didn't want another attack on Alexandria like what happened with the Wolves. It was a pre-emptive strike, there's no way he could have known they'd have this many people. But I'm surprised at the overall positive reaction to the cliffhanger here, I thought that was a horrible decision. Really ruined what could have been a great episode, this was their "Red Wedding" moment and they completely blew it. People are going to find out who it is when they start shooting the next season anyway, and having to wait 6 months to see who got the bat ruins a lot of emotional impact the death could have had. Not sure who thought this was a good idea.
-
2016 MLB catch all thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 08:00 AM) Loney should never, ever bat vs LHP. So who does he platoon with if the Sox pick him up? I'm not really ready to make Avi a platoon player yet. Do you sit Jackson vs RHP and let Loney DH and Avi play in the OF?? Avi is terrible against RHP, so ideally he should never bat against them either.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 07:32 PM) I'll take a view in the middle. I love the addition of Frazier. I like the addition of Lawrie. The offense is better at 3B-SS-2B but the defense is worse. The 4-5 rotation spots are really questionable and I am not excited by the Turner and Latos additions. I think we may have 2- 1/2 catchers who will be better offensively and worse defensively. We are improved offensively and worse defensively except maybe w Jackson. But if he can't hit, then the outfield may be worse offensively when he plays. I love the bullpen. So I think they are better than 10 below .500 but maybe they are .500 or slightly better. NOT A TON How are we worse defensively at catcher? I think we improved there. Soto and Flowers weren't exactly defensive stalwarts.
-
Sands gets the 25th spot
A quick Google search brings a SoxNet article reporting this is true, but nothing else.