Everything posted by OmarComing25
-
Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets
I'm going to try to figure them all out. Chris Sale (CWS), Carlos Rodon (CWS), Jake Petricka (CWS), Tyler Saladino (CWS), Nate Jones (CWS), Trayce Thompson (LAD), Josh Phegley (OAK), Marcus Semien (OAK), Chris Bassitt (OAK), Mike Morse (PIT), Chris Young (BOS), Chris Stewart (PIT), Boone Logan (COL), Brandon McCarthy (LAD), Gio Gonzalez (WAS), Carlos Torres (MIL), Clayton Richard (CHC), Hector Santiago (LAA), Gordon Beckham (ATL), Daniel Hudson (ARI), Addison Reed (NYM)
-
2016 MLB catch all thread
Cano already has 4 homeruns.
-
2016 MLB catch all thread
Samardzija's first three batters of the season - walk, single, single. Picking up right where he left off with his first inning troubles.
-
Matt Albers
QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 12:22 PM) The only thing I can fault him for so far was the decision to let Petricka start the 8th inning in the opener. Jones should’ve started that inning instead. Eh Petricka was already warmed up from the inning before and he wanted Duke to face the lefty. I know he walked the leadoff man but it's not like Petricka usually has control problems. That was fine.
-
4/6 Sox @ Oakland
Hoping for a repeat of last year, when we knocked him around for 7 runs.
-
2016 MLB catch all thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 11:56 AM) No, no it was not. He reached out and swept his hand under the fielders leg as he was throwing. Citing the slide rule was wrong, that was interference. Yeah this had nothing to do with the slide rule, baserunners have never been allowed to grab the infielders. It was a good call.
-
Matt Albers
I think Putnam is better than he's given credit for. Last year he got pretty unlucky with a 17.5 HR/FB% (only 4.3% in 2014). I think that has to come down. And it's not like he was giving up hard contact, his average exit velocity in 2015 was 85 MPH, which was near the bottom in all of baseball.
-
4/6 Sox @ Oakland
QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 09:28 AM) I forgot how many ace pitchers Abreu has homered off of. Kluber, Kershaw, Gray, Price, Verlander, I'm sure I'm missing someone.
-
Carlos Rodon breakout article
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/carlos-rodo...or-already-has/ He's one of the few Fangraphs writers who picked the Sox to win the division, and Rodon is a big reason why. Let's hope he's right!
-
Who's your favorite prospect not named Fulmer or Anderson?
For me it's Eddy Alvarez or Jordan Guerrero. Alvarez would be a great story and by all reports he's a great guy, so I really hope he at least makes it in a utility role or something.
-
4/5 Sox @ Oakland
QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 06:17 AM) 2-0 Always good Holy s*** a positive post from you!
-
2015-2016 NBA Thread
First time I've thought they won't get the record.
-
4/5 Sox @ Oakland
So are we agreed then to not write off a player less than 10 ABs into the season? Also, our bullpen doesn't suck now because of one blown lead.
-
4/5 Sox @ Oakland
Don't really understand the criticism of Robin here.
-
4/5 Sox @ Oakland
QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 09:40 PM) Hahah Detroits KRod blew the save Nice to see they still have the same old bullpen issues.
-
4/5 Sox @ Oakland
QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 09:37 PM) They don't have the top line guys down on the farm like the Dodgers do Probably would be something like Soler/Baez+, assuming those two don't sink their value before the deadline.
-
2016 AL Central catch-all thread
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 06:09 PM) Thor dropped his hammer on the Royals today. The Royals are now 1-1. f*** you KC! Music to my ears! There's not a narrative in baseball more annoying than "Royals magic".
-
2016 AL Central catch-all thread
Why is Chris Young starting the 2nd game for the Royals?
-
4/5 Sox @ Oakland
QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 01:10 PM) Eaton is just not a good baserunner I think we realized this his first season. He has speed but zero natural base stealing instincts. I saw that he had a massive lead last night and in my head I'm thinking "he's going". If I can see it at home, it's even more obvious to the players. Sure enough, he was going and got easily picked off. In general I'd prefer this team to try and play station to station until proven otherwise. They have some power in the lineup don't give the other team outs when it might just take one swing to get a couple or a few runs. Eaton isn't a good base stealer but he is a good baserunner. Fangraphs rated him as the 10th best baserunner in the MLB in 2015. http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&sort=18,d Also, the Tigers rated as by far the worst baserunning team. Sox were 4th worst. http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&sort=17,d
-
Dan Vogelbach
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 12:32 PM) I'm all for getting Vogelbach but he's not MLB ready yet and in fact has not played above AA. I agree, I'd like the pickup but I wouldn't expect much from him in 2016.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
Sure beats waiting until the 5th game to get the 1st win. Sox now 14-3 in Opening Days going back to the 2000 season.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
My heart skipped a beat when that left the bat
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:56 PM) So you guys are all fine with Robin leaving Navarro in to bunt rather than PH'ing Saladino and having Avila catch the remaining 1/2 inning? I'm shocked that I'm the only one who would've rather had Saladino bunt. I'd rather no one bunted.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
If he slides normally he's safe.
-
2016 Opening Day Thread
I would prefer if we didn't give away outs. I hate bunting.