Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OmarComing25

Forum Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmarComing25

  1. QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:32 PM) oh wow Julie DiCaroVerified account ‏@JulieDiCaro @MJ_Baumann There are people in media who believe the guys complaining the loudest may have been the ones who complained. Wouldn't surprise me.
  2. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:25 PM) Chris Sale hasn't even sniffed a playoff appearance with the Sox maybe you'd think he'd be a bit more open to changing some of the clubhouse culture. But no, he's just another one of the Sox that seems to think just because something has been one way for a while it apparently can never change. These guys really come across as young twentysomethings when in reality both Chris and Eaton are old enough now, in their mid and late 20s, where they should have matured and realized that in the workplace you have to adjust to change. I agree with your overall point, but in what world was 2012 not close to a playoff appearance?
  3. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:14 PM) Because why should they have to confirm the obvious? And didn't KW already say there wasn't any such clause in the contract? Hard to believe that there was, otherwise KW is really, really stupid.
  4. QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:52 AM) It would definitely hurt but if you aren't winning with these guys, there's something up. I don't agree with this logic at all. Even Trout can only add about 10 wins by himself. To make the playoffs you need many times more than that from the rest of the team.
  5. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:35 AM) I gotta say...as weird as all of this is, couldn't they just let spring training end with the kid there, and just say, "No kids travel with the team this year, unless it's a family trip." That would have been a better compromise, but whatever. f 'em. That's a lot more restrictive than what they just asked for, which is to just dial it back. I wouldn't have wanted this to come out right at the start of the season. Better now so that at least has a chance to blow over in the next two weeks.
  6. A good start to the season is even more critical now. I don't want to keep hearing about this s*** if they're 12-18 out of the gate.
  7. Well this just won't go away. This is so f***ing stupid. Kid should have never been allowed in the first place.
  8. QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:05 AM) http://www.d1baseball.com/player/joey-lucchesi-lucchjo43/ So every out he has recorded has been a K? And all 17 balls he let in play fell for hits?
  9. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:36 AM) Yes. It seems to work that way with money. I'm sure there are more than a dozen players who would like more money, and it also seems at least the majority of players had no problem with this kid. It still hasn't come out that the kid did anything to bother anyone. And I still don't understand the it's OK if he's here 3 days a week. People who are bothered by his being there all the time, will be bothered by his being there 3 days a week. I guess I just find it bulls*** that they had a deal that allowed the kid 100% unrestricted access, no matter what. If the deal actually specified that much, then LaRoche has a point. But that just seems like a major stretch. And I still don't understand why you keep arguing the second point. There are plenty of things that I like only a few times a week, but would bother me if I had to experience them every day. My girlfriend for instance. I see her about 3-4 times a week, but if I had to see her every day that would drive me crazy.
  10. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:32 AM) Beyond steve's summary I haven't paid attention to this situation much at all, but from the headlines-view it just seems like another symptom of poor management and poor leadership. This is definitely a hot take though so don't put too much weight on it. The problem is you are only reading headlines that are meant to be sensationalist.
  11. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:25 AM) We can go through this all day again, but a deal is a deal. Ask JR with Horace Grant. Horace made a verbal deal with him and "things changed". JR questioned his character. A deal is a deal, even if it's a bad deal. If Hahn and Robin gave their word, KW needs to honor that, not succumb to the wishes of some guy here on a minor league contract. And hypothetically if every new player had a problem with it (just for argument's sake), should the Sox accommodate one player over the wishes of a dozen? Even if they had a deal it's not like they banned Drake from the clubhouse outright.
  12. QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:24 AM) Definitely don't have time to go back through hundreds of posts to find it. Who was it and do you have a credible source or at least any reason for knowing? Reportedly it was Rollins.
  13. That was quite the choke job. Purdue had a 99.6% win probability at one point.
  14. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 04:11 PM) Did you mean 2015? Yes, I see how my question was confusing, I meant what did they do differently in 2015 compared to 2014. But in-season adjustments work too.
  15. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 03:49 PM) By the way, we are considering a Part 3 where we take reader/follower questions. So if you have questions that you want to ask a roundtable of FS writers, put them in here! Something more than what we think about Player X is preferred - a topic that will generate some differing viewpoints. Let's hear them. Which prospect made the biggest adjustment from 2014?
  16. Baylor looks bad. The Ivy League continues to be a tough out in the tournament.
  17. QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:34 PM) Herb LawrenceVerified account ‏@Ecnerwal23 8m8 minutes ago Imperial Beach, CA The Sox-LaRoche thing is a win-win for both parties. AL can go out as a martyr instead of a bum player. Sox get bad player/contact off books He's not really going out as a martyr. He's going out as a selfish d-bag.
  18. QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:08 PM) So it's not OK to criticize somebody for their unprofessional overuse of Twitter if they do nice things every so often? I didn't get the memo. I didn't read any of his tweets about this so I don't know. Was anything really that bad?
  19. QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:02 PM) I go back to what I said yesterday. KW looks like a complete *** and is destroying this teams chemistry. I mean what other organization would let a VP destroy **** the way KW has done. The players apparently we're all opposed to KW, and Sale (your damn prized possession) was so furious with KW that he told him to get the **** out of the locker room and stat out. Sale is right, KW is the VP but thinks he is the Manger and the GM. Stay the **** out of the locker room cause all he has manged to do is **** things up year after year. He might have even cost the sox a future with sale as thir ace. KW has to ******* go and now!!! Rant over. Not an overreaction at all. Nope.
  20. QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:52 PM) If this bothers Sale and Eaton (only 2 that we've heard/know that publicly complained), then they are soft and not focused on the real picture. Completely agree.
  21. QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:33 PM) Consistent with my amusingly-timed rant earlier this week about chemistry, I think it might but it could be good or bad. I mean again, we've all seen Major League and what happens when the players hate upper management. I just think this thing will blow over by the time the season begins. And Sale has always hated Kenny, so this incident changes nothing there.
  22. Am I the only one who thinks this won't impact their play on the field?
  23. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:23 PM) I still think they could have said deal with it for 2 more weeks. This way worked out in the Sox favor though. I don't think it will hurt recruiting free agents. If it is important for a future free agent they really want to have their kid there all the time, they will agree to it. I'd rather this come out now than right as the season started. Let it blow over before the results start to matter.
  24. QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:05 PM) Has anyone credible confirmed KW guaranteed LaRoche's kid access 100% of the time? There is a big difference between telling someone the clubhouse is family friendly (which never changed) and guaranteeing 100% access every single day. Yes, I find it really hard to believe that any supposed handshake or verbal agreement specified that Drake was allowed 100% unrestricted access to the clubhouse. That is crazy.
  25. QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:52 PM) Clearly LaRoche will argue they had a verbal agreement But a verbal agreement that specified he could be there 24/7, every day? That sounds absurd.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.