Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OmarComing25

Forum Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmarComing25

  1. Winner! Nice to see the Sox pick up where they left off against the ALW last year.
  2. I'm still a Putnam believer.
  3. Surprised Hendriks hasn't been pulled yet, but their bullpen has pitched a lot this series.
  4. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 05:25 PM) Let me say right now I'm against going with Putnam unless they get another one. Why? I'd rather not waste Robertson on a 4-run lead with no offday tomorrow.
  5. Nice! I wanted to see Putnam in the 9th, this seals it.
  6. QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 04:49 PM) *immediately follows hustle double with a pick-off* Heh heh, just trying to make a point that there's more to baserunning than stealing bases.
  7. THAT is why Eaton is a good baserunner.
  8. After that article in Fangraphs today I'm feeling more confident in Danks. After Sale, he allowed the weakest contact of all SP in the ALC last year.
  9. QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 04:18 PM) If he knows how to pitch like that, then whatever works. I don't think his stuff has looked good at all, and lets all remember the offense the Sox are facing today, but whatever works. His stuff hasn't looked great, but if he keep the ball low, get his curve over and switch speeds the way he did today I'll take it.
  10. 3rd time through the order coming up for Latos, I'd have a quick hook next inning.
  11. QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 03:44 PM) Lawrie's stats scream "average ballplayer." He is what he is. He's worth the 3 mill a year probably. We could use more average ballplayers after all the terrible ones we've had to suffer through recently.
  12. 10 in a row, still keeping the ball down and inducing grounders.
  13. He's getting his curve over and keeping the ball down.
  14. I like all these weak ground balls Latos is inducing. Keep it up.
  15. I don't like Latos' velocity but none of the A's hitters have hit it hard off of him yet.
  16. Tony Blengino published his ALC Batted ball profiles for all the starting pitchers in the division last year (including Price), and Danks' profile actually looks pretty good all things considered. His profile has a "true ERA" of better than the league average, and it was surprising to see that his average exit velocity was 2nd lowest in the division after Sale. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2015-starti...ive-al-central/
  17. Not encouraged by his velocity so far.
  18. QUOTE (reiks12 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 12:05 AM) hard to accept a loss when you only surrender 2 runs, f*** Didn't jump on Gray when he looked vulnerable too, disappointing, though there were a lot of hard hit outs.
  19. It's a shame because I don't think Gray has pitched all that well.
  20. This game has been death to line drives on both sides.
  21. I'd rather have a weak arm that can catch the ball in RF, than a strong arm that can't.
  22. Figures our guys hit the balls hard right at fielders, but they hit the ball weakly and find two holes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.