Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OmarComing25

Forum Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmarComing25

  1. The most encouraging thing about Davidson's spring is the lack of Ks. I hope he keeps that up.
  2. QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 02:40 PM) The White Sox should... Trade Sale now for a huge package. 49.2% Trade him at the deadline if they're out of contention. 29.4% Keep him no matter what. 21.4% Total votes: 5,879 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626274...le-trade-market So what I get from this poll is that 4,621 people are idiots.
  3. Didn't realize Miguel Olivo was still around.
  4. QUOTE (SCCWS @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 09:55 AM) Not sure what you base that on. Jones, Floyd and Danks all had arm/shoulder surgery in recent years. It seems almost every team is losing a pitcher a year to the same type surgeries. Because our pitchers go on the DL way less frequently than every other team? It's not even close too. White Sox players have spent less time on the DL in the last 15 years than Rangers and Dodgers players have each spent in just the last 5.
  5. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 09:11 AM) Saladino is the better player, but that unfortunately won't stop us from starting Rollins We don't know that yet, but Saladino will still get plenty of chances, and if he proves to be the better player he'll get more playing time. It's pretty simple and not really something to worry about.
  6. QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 01:42 PM) He had a .680 OPS last year....he doesn't walk and has no power. Oh and it was a mighty .713 against RH pitching. One of those guys in camp can deliver that, if properly platooned. As for his D, that's not happening anyway...Laroche played good D, how often was he on he field? I heard the same stuff when we dumped Semien, Bassit and Phegley for the Shark. They were "Fringe prospects"...so fringe they ended up being better than numerous Sox starters and combined for c. 4.8 WAR. Of course we then went and traded for a .8 WAR second basemen, so afraid the Sox are of a young player who wasn't a high draft choice.. The problem is all the three in-house options you mentioned (Davidson, Coats, Sands) all fare much better against LHP than against RHP, which is the opposite of what we need. Loney the last three years has a wRC+ of 97, 120, and 122 against RHP. You really think any in-house options could reach those numbers? Again, Loney is far from my first choice but he's a much better bet for DH against RHP than those three are.
  7. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 12:24 PM) I hate 1B that don't hit for power. There are better options out there than Loney. I don't disagree. Loney wouldn't be my first choice, but if the choice was Loney or our in-house options, I'd probably go with Loney.
  8. QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 11:28 AM) Loney is a decent contact hitter against RHP. A Loney/Avi platoon at DH would be a step up from Avi platooning with an in-house option. After looking at his splits, I agree, I wouldn't be against the move. He had a .341 OBP against RHP in 2015, and .351 the last 3 seasons with a .763 OPS. Those numbers are probably much better than we could expect from in-house options against RHP.
  9. QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 10:02 PM) It was pretty bad, but it was an 3-11 matchup. Don't see how that matters. A high school team wouldn't blow a 12 point lead in 30 seconds against the Warriors.
  10. If I took a job at a company, and we had a deal that I could work from home a couple of times a week, and then I proceeded to not live up to expectations in my work, then I don't think many people would be on my side if I complained after my employer took away or restricted that privilege. LaRoche didn't come close to living up to expectations, so he has a lot of gall to ignore or disobey a reasonable request from a superior.
  11. I can't decide which "controversy" is dumber, this or Deflate Gate.
  12. This has been an amazing first round. Today was crazy all around. What a finish.
  13. I've never seen a team just give up like West Virginia did at the end. All those turnovers in a row were really pathetic. But man, Thomas Walker is awesome. So fun to watch.
  14. QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 07:17 PM) Here in the new Nightengale story, which basically tells the side from Williams point of view: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/colum...liams/81993428/ Here are the key bits: This version of the story makes the most sense.
  15. Little to no chance right now, but if the team wins 73-76 games again I could definitely see him traded in the offseason.
  16. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:23 PM) I voted media. This is close to a non story if they don't blow it out of proportion. But LaRoche should have just cut back brining his son to the ballpark a couple times a week. Thankfully, he didn't, and the Sox now have $13M to invest in their ball club they didn't have a few days ago. The people saying this is the death kneel for this team, or for Sale and / or Eatons time on the Sox are reacting similarly to Sale. With their gut reactions and not their minds. This whole thing is beyond silly - and honestly, I cannot comprehend some of the ridiculous and stupid stuff I read in that Laroche to Retire thread. Definitely agree here. If something as stupid as this causes the team to underperform, then they never had a chance anyway.
  17. Maybe Danks hated Drake so much that him leaving will cause him to return to '08 form.
  18. QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:47 PM) I think anyone who supported LaRoche is going to be gone, whether before OD, around the TDL or this offseason. Sale and Eaton especially. IMO this will start the scorched earth rebuild. 2016 is a failure before it even started IMO. They are going to quit on the management, and it would not surprise me if Sale sticks it to the Sox by complaining of either Injury or just jakes the season. I think the Sox know that and it would not surprise me if Sale is NOT the OD starter, and instead is elsewhere on 4/4. This might be the most ridiculous post here. Why would Sale sabotage his career in order to stick it to management?
  19. I don't know what to believe.
  20. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:39 PM) He sounds a lot less crazy with the entire transcript. He seems pretty subdued in the video as well compared to how the tweets made him sound.
  21. http://wgnradio.com/2016/03/18/video-chris...e-were-lied-to/ Full interview here.
  22. @BNightengale Ken Williams on Chris Sale's accusations: While I disagree with Chris' assertions today, I certainly have always appreciated his passion
  23. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:02 PM) But if he doesn't tone it down, he may be pitching a Cy Young caliber season for Boston. Doubtful, that would be an incredibly stupid move.
  24. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:59 PM) I'd argue that Chris Sale is becoming more of a problem than LaRoche Nah. He should definitely tone it down, but if he pitches a Cy Young caliber season no one will care about his actions here.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.