Crosstown Cup Finale Game Thread, Game 4

QUOTE (ronkark @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:43 AM)
Another one past slow twitch Jose any first follows by Eatin's 5th bobble of the week. What new?

No trades either. Stand pat. What new. They gone.

What do those plays have to do with Trades?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 04:01 AM)
Listen it ain't over till it's over. We go 2-2 with the NLs best team and that's not bad

There are a zillion teams ahead of us; our team is the definition of "mediocre-at-best." This team is stuck in quicksand, Elrockin. Just a matter of time before it sinks into oblivion. But I do admire your positivity. Best fan in history; I stand by it.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 10:01 PM)
Listen it ain't over till it's over. We go 2-2 with the NLs best team and that's not bad

I agree with the 2-2 against the Cubs part, buddy. I got greedy and was hoping for 3 wins. But, getting to watch their team these past four games...an "average" offense would have been able to take all 4 games from them. They are definitely beatable.

However, it really is over for us, man. This team needs a completely new direction. This offense is pitiful.

Edited by soxfan85

I know it's easy to say from a couch with a glass of red wine but that at bat by Melky was painful. I've never had 102 mph thrown at me but why was he swinging at such garbage the whole time. None of those pitches were close.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
Will the Avi Garcia experiment ever end? Can we ever play Saladino? Or are we just going to trade him and watch him become Semien 2.0

One of my reservations about getting on the sell train is that it would invite the Sox to keep playing Avi while they rebuild/retool.

I'm not sure who will be moved by the deadline but if I had to pick 1 guy to go, I think it's Robertson. I think the Sox may do the majority of their moves in the offseason though. I don't think Robertson, Frazier and one of Sale/Q are not on the 2017 roster.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
I am starting to wonder if I will ever again see a formidable White Sox offense in my lifetime. Or, will they always suck going forward?

Makes people long for the home run or die sox teams from the early 2000s.