AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 08:28 PM)
Comments from last week?

The Red Sox had been in talks with the White Sox last week about their disgruntled ace, but when the whirlwind of the non-waiver trade deadline began spinning on Monday, the Red Sox had other things to worry about.

The trade deadline passed at 4 p.m. ET and Sale was still on the White Sox.

Later in the evening, Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said he hadn’t made contact with the White Sox since Friday.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox/clubhouse_

There was also reports on Boston WEEI from New England sportswriters that JR would not approve any trade for Sale hence the end of talks on Friday.

Avi has to be one of the most frustrating players in recent Sox memory. You can clearly see that there is talent there. When he gets hot he looks like a potential superstar but when he's cold he does absolutely nothing. He has two months this year with OPSs in the .500's. If he could even manage a .650 OPS during his down stretches he would be a useful player.

Hopefully he continues his hot stretch and something clicks for him. Still just barely 25 years old.

Since the all star break - .290/.378/.742

The one good thing he has really done is improve his walk rate. It was an anemic 3.9% throughout his minor league career and has improved to a respectable 8.3% this year.

Call me crazy but I still have at least some faith left that Avi can become a useful everyday player. While his defense will probably never be good, it has improved each year if defensive stats are to be believed.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)
Avi has to be one of the most frustrating players in recent Sox memory. You can clearly see that there is talent there. When he gets hot he looks like a potential superstar but when he's cold he does absolutely nothing. He has two months this year with OPSs in the .500's. If he could even manage a .650 OPS during his down stretches he would be a useful player.

Hopefully he continues his hot stretch and something clicks for him. Still just barely 25 years old.

The one good thing he has really done is improve his walk rate. It was an anemic 3.9% throughout his minor league career and has improved to a respectable 8.3% this year.

Call me crazy but I still have at least some faith left that Avi can become a useful everyday player. While his defense will probably never be good, it has improved each year if defensive stats are to be believed.

They might as well play him everyday.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 07:27 AM)

This is just a thought off the top of my head, but since Morneau has been playing, Avi has been playing mostly against southpaws so he is getting better matchups.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
This is just a thought off the top of my head, but since Morneau has been playing, Avi has been playing mostly against southpaws so he is getting better matchups.

He's hit righties better than lefties this year. 3 of his 4 homers since the break have come off of righties.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)

Avi tme is maddening for a whole ton of reasons - one of which happens to be is built like a star. But beyond that I have a funny feeling he'll return to the Tigers in the coming years and possibly turn into JD Martinez 2.0

A guy who takes time to get it together but may have a late career breakout under the tutelage of Miggy.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
He's hit righties better than lefties this year. 3 of his 4 homers since the break have come off of righties.

Haha and I almost didn't post that because I didn't have time to research.