AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

Even those hoping for losses at this point have to be happy whenever Q wins a start. To get six runs to work with is pretty nice for a chance. Quintana is a helluva pitcher.

I did see we got six runs in the first two innings, then no more the rest of the way.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
Even those hoping for losses at this point have to be happy whenever Q wins a start. To get six runs to work with is pretty nice for a chance. Quintana is a helluva pitcher.

I did see we got six runs in the first two innings, then no more the rest of the way.

The only thing I'm hoping for is for Sale and Q to dominate and keep that trade value as high as possible. Also, progression of the young guys.

Given the 3 homers he hit in the Tiger series, I suspect that we will see a lot of Avi, for the rest of the season. That's fine with me. He still has very impressive power, if he can learn to utilize it. It's easy to understand why the front office doesn't want to give up on him, and his intriguing long ball potential. Even that out he made last night, was hit a long way. I'm rooting for him to succeed, and with nothing much more to play for, they might as well at least see if he can make some progress.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
Given the 3 homers he hit in the Tiger series, I suspect that we will see a lot of Avi, for the rest of the season. That's fine with me. He still has very impressive power, if he can learn to utilize it. It's easy to understand why the front office doesn't want to give up on him, and his intriguing long ball potential. Even that out he made last night, was hit a long way. I'm rooting for him to succeed, and with nothing much more to play for, they might as well at least see if he can make some progress.

He'll never have any value unless he can hit 30+ HR or hit .300+ because he has zero defensive value or stolen base potential. With over 1000 major league AB's, 95% chance he's a finished product at this point. KW with his stubbornness and massive ego is the only reason Avi is still here.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)
He'll never have any value unless he can hit 30+ HR or hit .300+ because he has zero defensive value or stolen base potential. With over 1000 major league AB's, 95% chance he's a finished product at this point. KW with his stubbornness and massive ego is the only reason Avi is still here.

Link?

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)

This is so ridiculous because all of the evidence points to the exact opposite. Honestly I think Avi really hooked up Jobu with some good rum or something, because it is a miracle he is still on the roster. The Sox have spent forever trying to replace the guy, but he is still here because of a lot of things going right for him. Think about it.

Sox sign Austin Jackson, Jackson gets hurt, out forever.

Adam LaRoche retired

Sox made run at signing Gordon, failed.

Sox made run at signing Fowler, failed.

Sox made run at signing Cespedes, failed

Sox trade for and bring up Tilson, Tilson gets hurt in first game

I mean that list totally screams stubborn... :bang

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 07:26 PM)
The only thing I'm hoping for is for Sale and Q to dominate and keep that trade value as high as possible. Also, progression of the young guys.

No, that will convince the front office that Q should not be traded. Sale will not be traded based on the comments from last week.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 03:55 AM)
Nice to see Abreu finaly get a dinger and Avi gets his third of series. Get this team solidified for next year

What do you mean? Like getting Abreu and Avi red hot to carry into next season? Avi has a long way to go to not just be traded for scraps. I guess they both could conceivably get hot.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
Your optimism is usually refreshing but I can't help but laugh at this post

I'll believe it if...

1.) Abreu hits like 2014 Abreu for the rest of the year

2.) Avi hits over .285 / .330 / .500 for the rest of the year

3.) Fraizer hits over .260 / .330 / .500 for the rest of the year

So... Yea... I won't believe it.