The Anthem

greg775

Do you support what Colin did?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Kaepernick's decision to sit?

• Yes. Great way to express himself
    • No. What was he thinking?

For the record, regardless of your feelings about the protests themselves, I think we should all be disturbed by Police Departments refusing certain duties to protect certain individuals who are protesting. That is a disgusting misunderstanding of their jobs, and they should get the hammer if they follow through. It's dereliction of duty. The very heart of their job is protection of people's rights.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
I've been suspended for posts that the mods simply disagreed with in the 'buster ;)

hahahahahahahahaha

wait, wait, hold on...

AAAAAAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

That's a good one.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)
My positions aren't those of a troll. Once again, support for greg's position on a subject . ...

http://ijr.com/2016/09/695609-marine-colon..._term=ijamerica

Fine. You disagree with what he's doing and can't understand it. Fantastic. Nobody cares. People have clearly argued both sides in this thread and nobody's opinion is changing. Why it needs to be rehashed by quotes with some other famous person's opinion makes no sense to me.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
Fine. You disagree with what he's doing and can't understand it. Fantastic. Nobody cares. People have clearly argued both sides in this thread and nobody's opinion is changing. Why it needs to be rehashed by quotes with some other famous person's opinion makes no sense to me.

Well, that's the nature of arguing and arguing one's point. An effective tactic in arguing a point is citing what different people say. When I say the military is upset and many say the military is not upset, it's taught in debate to cite instances to prove your own point. I try to cite those instances. Also when I make a point, off times I begin to wonder if indeed I could be wrong. When I see somebody support my point, it fires me up and makes me want to cite such person.

Edited by greg775

Oh Greg. Any protest is really only meant to do one thing. Ignite discussions. The problem with this country is we can't even do that right. Instead of listening and wondering WHY Colin Kaepernick and others are protesting in this manner, we shout PATRIOTISM at the top of our lungs and grill him for it. Americans act on the act and not on the issues. That is wholly wrong in every way. My point is this...who cares who he is or what he does or how much he makes. Listen to him. Listen to Megan Rapinoe. Listen to Tommie Smith and John Carlos. Hear what they are saying.

If you don't like athletes protesting, then do something about the underlying issue.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
Oh Greg. Any protest is really only meant to do one thing. Ignite discussions. The problem with this country is we can't even do that right. Instead of listening and wondering WHY Colin Kaepernick and others are protesting in this manner, we shout PATRIOTISM at the top of our lungs and grill him for it. Americans act on the act and not on the issues. That is wholly wrong in every way. My point is this...who cares who he is or what he does or how much he makes. Listen to him. Listen to Megan Rapinoe. Listen to Tommie Smith and John Carlos. Hear what they are saying.

If you don't like athletes protesting, then do something about the underlying issue.

I'm all about the military. If ONE military man or woman is upset then I am upset. I respect the hell outta the military. Colin is going about this in a very wrong way.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 12:05 AM)
I'm all about the military. If ONE military man or woman is upset then I am upset. I respect the hell outta the military. Colin is going about this in a very wrong way.

This is absurd. It's been rehashed over and over again though and you still don't get it. Our military does what they do so that people like Collin Kaepernick have the right to protest the way that they choose. I wish people were as upset about the man that was just killed in Tulsa as they are about what Kaepernick and some athletes are doing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 12:05 AM)

dude, you're talking about a few hundred thousand people. If you are upset at anything that makes one of them upset, you are going to be one depressed guy because you will be upset about EVERYTHING.

Being against the protest is one thing. But your statement here is patently absurd.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 01:05 AM)

The military has almost nothing to do with the National Anthem.

It's a song about a flag. They play it before youth sporting events, tractor pulls, and during the Olympic medal ceremonies.

Yes, it is a symbol of our country, but it does not have a direct correlation to military service.

You can be upset with how things are in this country and still retain citizenship. They haven't brought out the firing squads - yet.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 01:48 AM)
Greg, you are gonna love the NBA season

It's not the right way to protest. So the message is pretty much going to be a majority of NBA players hate the USA. Beautiful.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 01:31 AM)
It's not the right way to protest. So the message is pretty much going to be a majority of NBA players hate the USA. Beautiful.

Pray tell... what is the correct way to protest in greg's world?

The idea of protest is to get attention to your cause so that change can happen.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
Pray tell... what is the correct way to protest in greg's world?

The idea of protest is to get attention to your cause so that change can happen.

Well, I'm OK with organized rallies to protest. Get the permit, tell the police you are doing it kinda protest. Why go after the national anthem when the military is so solemn about the anthem?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
Well, I'm OK with organized rallies to protest. Get the permit, tell the police you are doing it kinda protest. Why go after the national anthem when the military is so solemn about the anthem?

"Remember everyone, get your permission to protest."

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 11:43 PM)

A rally is not a protest.

All that is, is a get-together. You don't get the same reaction from the public when you pre-prepare things.

Do you think that if they had planned the lunch counter sit-in, that it would have worked?

How about the marches through Selma?