Charlie Tilson

BigHurt3515

He profiles similarly to Jacob May in many regards, though Tilson seems to have a solidly better hit tool. Both have 70-grade speed, both are true CF's, both smaller framed players, both draw some but not many walks, both have fringy but playable arms for the outfield, neither will hit for significant power. For me he's a 4th OF on a competitive team, or a starting CF on a rebuilding one maybe.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)
I don't think Tilson will be the same speed wise after that injury (still will be fine instincts wise for stealing bases). I'm hoping Sox move him to LF and see what they have but I agree I see more 4th OF with him.

If he is in LF, is he any better than Coats? I don't think so.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)
If he is in LF, is he any better than Coats? I don't think so.

We don't know yet, which is why I said "and see what they have". They pretty much know what they have in Coats or at least what the brass evaluated him as in the majors and minors.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
It was 4 innings

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
He got hurt in the 5th inning of the 1st Major League game of his career, but I guess that's enough time to decide he isn't any good.

Tough luck, wish him a full recovery.

I'm not saying he's not any good, but wouldn't pencil him as your starting CF either.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
Tough luck, wish him a full recovery.

I'm not saying he's not any good, but wouldn't pencil him as your starting CF either.

I don't think anyone thinks the Sox acquired a future all star CF for Zach Duke. But you never know, he could be decent. Like was posted above, probably better than Shuck.