Danks to the Braves

BlackSox13

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 17, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
Scapegoats and saviors; scapegoats and heroes. That’s what it’s all about. That’s what the world is all about.

Get solid and you won’t have scapegoats and won’t feel the need to force-feed heroes, most of whom are faux-heroes anyway.

It's baseball.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
For some reason Danks was a huge scapegoat on this board, kind of the reason for Sox rotten-ness according to the fans. Fans on this board despised him I guess cause he made a lot of money and didn't earn it cause of injury. It's always amazed me how fans get mad at guys who make the money and suck. If it wasn't Danks it's somebody else getting the money and not earning it. I don't care if Jerry loses some money here and there. He's still going to charge exorbitant prices for parking and hot dogs and everything else.

Danks was despised more than Robin and I don't get that at all. Like I said, year before last he was good the second half. I mean there was no outcry to get rid of Shields and he was miserable. We've also had so many bad relievers and spot starters the last few years.

Danks pitching was almost as bad as this post.