Soxfest 2017

Kyyle23

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 29, 2017 -> 01:11 PM)
Could be that kind of joke is poking fun at those players who thank God for everything. Religious jokes should be just as off limits as race jokes. And I am not very PC but people in the public eye need to be.

Kopech is an interesting dude. He has a dry sense of humor and every time I saw him he was trying to make people laugh. I don't fault him for not being a seasoned pro quite yet, hell he's not even of legal drinking age yet. I have no problem with his comments.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a great quote that redeems his mindset for me:

"I came in and I expected the fans to not pay too much attention to me, and it's almost like I'm one of the main focuses here. The fans are unbelievable," Kopech said. "Wherever you go, they are right there on your tail asking you questions.

"They are dedicated, very dedicated. At the same time, I have to realize that you know I'm not here yet. So I can't get caught up in all of this. Eventually I will be here and you know, it's cool to see how dedicated they are right now. But I have to realize I'm not a star. These guys are treating me like I am right now, but I'm not yet."

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/214...e-on-prospects/

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 12:57 AM)
Here's a great quote that redeems his mindset for me:

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/214...e-on-prospects/

Being humble makes up for him not being very funny to you?

lol, and for the record, I laughed when he joked about that. It's an easy joke and one many people make to mock the religious types who think their God gives a flying f*** about achievements.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jan 29, 2017 -> 10:59 PM)
Being humble makes up for him not being very funny to you?

It wasn't about my judgement of his humor - it was a commentary on a poor display regarding his maturity. My post didn't attack the kid, just pointed out that his use of religion in such a context was in poor taste. Now I'm complementing the guy and that's a problem?

Get off my ass - jeez.

:bang

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 01:44 AM)
It wasn't about my judgement of his humor - it was a commentary on a poor display regarding his maturity. My post didn't attack the kid, just pointed out that his use of religion in such a context was in poor taste. Now I'm complementing the guy and that's a problem?

Get off my ass - jeez.

:bang

CASH ME OUTSIDE

Well, my dad and I really enjoyed our first Soxfest experience on Sunday. Crowds/lines were very manageable, partly because the slate of players signing/doing photos wasn't outstanding. We got May/Kittle, Jones/Petricka, Benneti/Farmer, Renteria/Steverson (Cooper cancelled but I got him after his seminar later), plus photos with Carlos May and the World Series trophy. Never needed to wait too long in lines, and got to the seminars I wanted and then some. Walking around the vendor area was a treat and there were a lot of things for reasonable prices--I got a medium-ish winter coat (originally priced at $130) for $38 at the Sports Depot. Garage Sale was pretty picked over by Sunday afternoon but we still got some stuff like the Dye WS bobbleheads for $15 each and signed 8x10s of former players for $2 apiece. We didn't try very hard to get autos/photos with any of the top prospects or Baines but that was fine because we didn't want to spend the whole day waiting in lines. I'd probably do it again, though I can see how a Saturday and/or a more enthusiastic season the crowds might be overwhelming.