Reed makes Olympic team

southsider2k5

Well I certainly hope he'll make da trip to Athens. It'd be a great experience and a real eye opener for him. Personally I hope he does so I can see him play on the TV if Australia plays em.

If he hits well in Spring Training, he's gonna be on the Sox, so he won't be going to Athens in that case.

Did anyone else hear that if Clemens retires he may be interested in pitching for the Olympic team?

I heard this as well. I think they talked about it on a ESPN Sunday night game or a Fox Saturday afternoon game. He is very interested in playing in the Olympics.

Nice job Jeremy, you Dirtbag. Good Luck.

Hate to rain on this parade, but this is not the final roster. The roster will still have to be pared down some (25, maybe?.. I'm not sure of the exact size).

My guess is Jeremy will still make it, but it is not a done deal.

This is the team that will play a qualifying tournament in Panama. They will have to finish 1st or 2nd to qualify for the Olympics. The actual Olympic team will look quite different as those games are a year away.

Cerb, 34-year old Ernie Young is on the team because of experience. He was on the 2000 Olympic team that won the Gold. A veteran presence should be a good thing, don't ya think? Especially a guy who has been through this type of competition before. They generally try to pick a mixture of young guys and vets for these teams.

Hate to rain on this parade, but this is not the final roster.  The roster will still have to be pared down some (25, maybe?..  I'm not sure of the exact size).

My guess is Jeremy will still make it, but it is not a done deal.

This is the team that will play a qualifying tournament in Panama.  They will have to finish 1st or 2nd to qualify for the Olympics.  The actual Olympic team will look quite different as those games are a year away.

Cerb, 34-year old Ernie Young is on the team because of experience.  He was on the 2000 Olympic team that won the Gold.  A veteran presence should be a good thing, don't ya think?  Especially a guy who has been through this type of competition before.  They generally try to pick a mixture of young guys and vets for these teams.

Jeremy Reed is one of 30 players vying for 24 roster spots on the United States Olympic Qualifying team that will be managed by Expos manager Frank Robinson.