**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

I don't think that's a fair assessment. I go out of my way to give credit where it's due... the Miz/Jordan match was good and the kid Jordan is being built up properly. I loved a lot of what was going on in NXT, have a good deal of superstars that I mark out for like Styles / Naku / Owens / Hardys / Gallows/Anderson / Strowman / list goes on. I'm especially a fan of alot of the ladies and their work.

It just doesn't take a rocket scientists to see just how terrible the product actually is compared to what it *could* be.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure plenty of people will disagree but I'm liking the Enzo stuff since he moved to 205 live. I think it's the best reality era stuff going on right now.

I will also say I have no clue how I feel about this Shield reunion that's about to happen. They're one of my favorite acts ever but to bring them back to take down a trio that consists of Axel and Bo right now? I'll see how it plays out but I don't know.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 10:28 PM)
I'm sure plenty of people will disagree but I'm liking the Enzo stuff since he moved to 205 live. I think it's the best reality era stuff going on right now.

I will also say I have no clue how I feel about this Shield reunion that's about to happen. They're one of my favorite acts ever but to bring them back to take down a trio that consists of Axel and Bo right now? I'll see how it plays out but I don't know.

Yep, having the Shields reunite to face Miztourage or the rumored reuniting Wyatts (without Stroman) is a waste. I think they should just let it go instead of ruining their legacy.

If they really wanna do it however, I wish they spend some quality time building up the feuds that puts them at a numbers disadvantage, Shield vs the world was what made them great in their first run. I'd like to see the culmination being a 3 on 5 survivor series match or something like that.

I heard the Shield rumors before Raw and the Miztourage loses to Jordan and Matt Hardy and lost interest.

Not enough people talking about the Alexa vs Mickie segment, which I thought was excellent. Mickie being wasted so a program with Alexa works for me.

I'm with you there. I think the best way to handle the womans division on Raw is to have 2 feuds going at one time. The main level feud over the championship should be between 2 people. The other feud can be whatever you have left/building up people.

On smackdown it is more difficult due to time constraints. Not sure how to solve the SD woman's issue.

Just reading the results from tonight... got to say, the shield reunion storyline seems complete bulls*** fabricated. So Ambrose/Rollins gets beat up by Cesaro/Sheamus = makes sense. Then Cesaro/She decide to interfere in Reigns match = makes no sense.

Why waste shield reunion on this? Ugh.. sometimes.... this s***.

So Sheamus and Cesaro attacking the team that took their titles makes no sense?

I love people who read results, don’t watch, then throw hot takes.

I’m more into a SHEILD reunion match vs Miz/Bar than Miz/Miztourage obviously.

No Brock for next PPV so need that draw.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 2, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
I'm a f***in mark. Sue me.

Aren’t we all?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 3, 2017 -> 06:18 AM)

Aren’t we all?

It semi makes sense but it's still all over the place. It definitely seems like they just decided to throw the reunion back together to pop viewership or whatever but like I said, f*** it, I'm in.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 3, 2017 -> 06:18 AM)

Aren’t we all?

I said exactly the opposite in my post. I'm going to assume you skimmed my post or thought what I said was sarcasm.

Shea/Ces attacking Rollins/Ambrose = Logically consistent with storyline.

Shea/Ces attacking Reigns for Miz = logically inconsistent and an ass-pull that rivals ass-pulls from the anime Naruto universe.

It makes no sense unless Miz comes out and states how he 'bought' them out to help him, which, even in that scenario, still insults an educated viewer.

Furthermore, they are putting together their IC and Tag team champs into a likely match that will be a 3on3 non-title match. This leaves TLC PPV with just a cruiserweight and woman's championship match as Boink Lesnar is off chilling with the title.

It takes up one of the best storylines they have in their back pockets (shield reunion) and throws it away for marketing reasons and "something has to sell the net PPV". It's a flat out insult to educated consumers.

On this topic, when was the last time WWE did something major for the credibility of the product or for consistency in storylines? I don't really know. OK, maybe Brock's latest buildups were good for credibility, but they immediately wiped it away with such s*** matches.

Anyway, the shield reunion sucks, the cruiserweight division is getting burried, and they have no idea what to do with one of the best rising stars in Braun. Meanwhile, they are sticking with Finn/Bray even tho maybe 5 fans in a given arena wants to see that on any night (personally, I don't want to see Bray at all after they've repeatedly burried him).

I don't know how you aren't more upset about the product.

To end, one good thing they've done in the last few months is making Jason Jordan a credible wrestler to me. They've built him up well, excluding his horrendous start with the terrible storyline they gave him as Kurt's son.

I totally skimmed your post. Only so much negative takes I can read before wondering why you keep watching and paying for the network again.

Somethings I like about WWE, somethings I don't. I don't let the things that don't ruin my day.

There are too many other better options out there that are easy to access.

Cruiserweight division is getting so buried that it has been the main event segment two weeks in a row.

Edited by Brian

It generally doesn't ruin my day. I find great interest in dissecting the problems, it's what I do in life :D. For the most part, WWE accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do... nets people like me to the product, even if it is in a negative way.

I do have too many hobbies tho, and it would be healthy for me to stop this. :P.

Seems like the match quality was fine?

I didn't watch the show, but the results look mildly unappealing.

1) Keeping the title on Natayla is OK.Giving the US Title to Corbin is a fine move (ie. I hope it means AJ goes on to main event picture, no reason for him to be in mid card).

2) Sami Zayn turning heel is stupid. WWE couldn't do anything with the most natural babyface and talented wrestler, so they turn him heel. Hopefully he can become relevant and used properly now, because my God, what a disaster WWE has done with him.

3) Nakamura is finished. They've absolutely booked him to hell. I couldn't care less about Naka now.

Basically, WWE's love affair with doing the EXACT opposite logical thing continues.

There was no reason to break up Cass/Enzo, they do it.

There was no reason to turn Sami Zayn heel, they do it.

There was no reason to put the title on Jinder and have him beat Naka, they do it anyway.

There was no reason to have a s*** storyline like Kurt Angle as Jason Jordans Father...

There's no reason to push lesnar vs. Reigns for WM and shoot reigns to the mooooon.

Countless examples. It's the marketing campaign of "do the exact opposite of what the people want, just to get them to talk about it."

Just like the weird Shield reboot, if we're rolling with the Sami-KO story I'm going to f***in mark out no matter what. They got me tonight even though I thought Sami would be involved somehow. Love it.

Besides that, I think I've said it here multiple times, I'm not convinced that Jinder isn't the worst pro wrestler under the WWE umbrella. He's literally made Nak boring. Tha'ts super impressive.

Yeah, Sami+KO together is an instant Mark out moment for me as well...

... It just doesn't make any god-damn sense tho, and that's what always eats at me. Why can't they do things coherently??? Logical consistency??

Why can't they build babyfaces?? Sami was a natural for it... I mean, FML.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2017 -> 11:11 PM)
Just like the weird Shield reboot, if we're rolling with the Sami-KO story I'm going to f***in mark out no matter what. They got me tonight even though I thought Sami would be involved somehow. Love it.

Besides that, I think I've said it here multiple times, I'm not convinced that Jinder isn't the worst pro wrestler under the WWE umbrella. He's literally made Nak boring. Tha'ts super impressive.

Looked like lots of empty seats last night. Hope taking US title off AJ means he’ll get it off Jinder. Change has to be made.

I fell asleep before cell match. Show was so long and I wasn’t feeling well. Will watch the match after work.

Anyone who watches weekly, probably saw the Sami thing coming. I'm cool with it.

Edited by Brian

So there's some interesting developments occurring between WWE and the bullet club. I'm not too familiar with everything that has happened in the past months, but it is the most interesting thing happening in the wrestling world right now.

Apparently, last night at ROH's PPV, Cody Rhodes disses Reigns hard to the live audience and they had the WWE writer that got fired in attendance and took a picture with him to spoof WWE.

Neville recently walking out (Assumed to be due to how poor the product is) is another striker to WWE.

Hopefully this sets forth a stronger movement away from Vince's WWE product which I have critiqued so heavily in the past few years.

I'll spare everyone my thought on the Bullet Club again. Not gonna shove it down people's throats. Omega is great. Others, meh.

I don't get why everyone liked Cody's diss so much when John Cena said the same thing to Reigns' face on Raw a couple of weeks ago.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
I'll spare everyone my thought on the Bullet Club again. Not gonna shove it down people's throats. Omega is great. Others, meh.

I don't get why everyone liked Cody's diss so much when John Cena said the same thing to Reigns' face on Raw a couple of weeks ago.

I'll take you one further, I don't even like Omega. ;)

Other stuff, I agree on.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
So there's some interesting developments occurring between WWE and the bullet club. I'm not too familiar with everything that has happened in the past months, but it is the most interesting thing happening in the wrestling world right now.

Apparently, last night at ROH's PPV, Cody Rhodes disses Reigns hard to the live audience and they had the WWE writer that got fired in attendance and took a picture with him to spoof WWE.

Neville recently walking out (Assumed to be due to how poor the product is) is another striker to WWE.

Hopefully this sets forth a stronger movement away from Vince's WWE product which I have critiqued so heavily in the past few years.

I think there is a two-way disconnect of what the casual/mainstream audience actually wants...and this is the audience that ultimately equates to ratings/money. You pretty much hit every talking point in regard to this and are a true IWC member.

Let me add I don't mean this to sound insulating...it's what you love, and that's fine. You're free to have this opinion. But it is a minority opinion. This is my opinion, which could also be completely off base, but ... I think it's more realistic than the IWC would like to admit.

There are a few arguments in play here, and ultimately the IWC recommends the same ill conceived solution.

1) The current product sucks, it's predictable, it's rated PG, Vince McMahon is out of touch, etc.

2) Bringing in more indy talent like Nakamura, Omega, etc., and leveraging the strongstyle/indy/Japanese style of chain wrestling will fix it.

While I do believe there are issues with the product today, I think it lies more in the fact it's rated PG than anything else. Wrestling in and of itself is a simulation of violence, and violence is inherently NOT rated PG. Therefore, it's like fighting an uphill battle against standards and practices in an era where everyone's offended by everything, and the base intention of the product is MEANT to offend, so the hero can step up and quash the offenders through a dazzling display of violence.

I believe the casual audience -- the money/ratings -- will and are rejecting the likes of Nakamura and the NJPW style. They don't want 45 minute spot fests and chain wrestling. The audience that wants this already watches the likes of NJPW and NXT, as well as the WWE, just to complain about it ... but they watch anyway.

They're also about 5% of the wrestling audience, and are an afterthought in the grand scheme of things.

The casual audience wants violence, they want blood, and they want drama.

I'm not saying the WWE needs to trend back toward the Attitude Era -- but it definitely needs to move toward a more PG-13 product where the violence isn't so polished and clean. But the casual audience doesn't care about a 50 minute Omega vs Okada match ... I've been watching wrestling for 30 years and I thought those matches were 30 minutes too long and unnecessary.

Bottom line is, 2 above is NOT the solution to sinking ratings.

More non PG drama backed by more non PG violence is.

And it's really that simple.

Edited by Y2HH