**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
Not that I'm complaining as an absolute Alexa mark, but if there was once a Super Cena, there is now a Super Bliss. She's very oddly being booked as a heel that says something, and then goes out and proves what she said without cheating to do so.

"Bayley, you ain't extreme..."

Proves it.

"Sasha, you ain't a Legit Boss, you're a Legit Loser that can't defend a title ... ever."

Proves it.

The only thing I can think of here is they're looking to turn her babyface, because this is so against the grain of how a heel is booked in WWE. She's just massacring people on the mic, and then in the ring.

Which are not bookings I agree with. They basically turned Bayley from being a fan favorite to being boo after injury, and Sasha now becomes the worst champion in WWE history. This is in additional to what they've done with Emma's character (not Bliss related). They have talent in the division, but through the poor bookings Alexa is left as the only one who's legit, while others are no longer credible characters.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok with the Sasha booking surprisingly. It's going to play a part in her gimmick which I'm sure makes her go nuts at some point and turn heel. It's different but I'm ok with it. Alexa and Nia is going to be a s*** show in the ring but it should be a fun feud.

And Cena is pretty much going to end Roman if they or he or whatever is going to try and make this like the Rock feud which is the feel they were trying to give it yesterday.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 11:42 AM)
I'm ok with the Sasha booking surprisingly. It's going to play a part in her gimmick which I'm sure makes her go nuts at some point and turn heel. It's different but I'm ok with it. Alexa and Nia is going to be a s*** show in the ring but it should be a fun feud.

And Cena is pretty much going to end Roman if they or he or whatever is going to try and make this like the Rock feud which is the feel they were trying to give it yesterday.

I 100% agree on both points.

IF this turns into a Sasha heel turn, I'm fully on board. She's boring as a babyface, but an AMAZING heel. If this earns her a bit of her old mean streak back, it'll work long term, which I'm okay with.

The Bayley thing was bound to happen, as the gimmick itself has a built in expiration date. She looks and dresses like a young girl who's found herself surprisingly beneath the umbrella of almost impossible success, unwittingly doing the impossible and winning against the odds. The issue with that is, after you've won the title, the gimmick is over -- she can no longer play the underdog. Not to mention the expiration date on trying to look and act like a "golly gee whiz" 20 year old girl when the actor playing the character is an almost 30 year old woman now. The character worked in NXT for two major reasons ... she was a LOT younger when she played the character in NXT, and in NXT, mic skills aren't necessary, as it's a mostly "wrestling" audience.

The underlined is something NXT fans tend to forget -- and it's why Nakamura is having a hard time getting as over on the main roster as he was in NXT (or elsewhere). The strongstyle wrestling doesn't blend well with mainstream WWE wrestling, AND the lack of mic skills hurts unless he can be positioned to have someone like Paul Heyman speak for him -- as a heel character. Good guys don't need sniveling little managers putting them over.

And I fear Asuka is going to run into similar issues on the main roster. Not only is Asuka on the wrong side of 35, but she can't talk. And if it's me sitting in on that booking meeting, I'd be damned if I agreed to any sort of long term streak like she saw in NXT. The business idea of burying the likes of Alexa Bliss beneath the likes of a 35 year old with limited shelf life and no mic skill is absurd in a sheer business sense. And that's what the WWE is ... a business.

Alexa is Vince and Stephanie McMahon's wet dream of a female wrestler come true. An attractive blonde that has mic skills, along with decent enough wrestling skill to get her by, all of which are almost a requirements to flourish on the RAW brand, ESPECIALLY the mic skill.

Just catching a few minutes of Raw, promo between Cena and Reigns was pretty damn good. I actually would like a powerful Roman Reigns heel version. That would actually legitimately get me to root for the face's 95% of the time and be interested.

He simply needs to go heel. Not evil heel, but powerful heel just the character he is now.

He is 100x more palatable and 10x more entertaining as such.

John Cena is a God btw on the mic and has gotten to be very good in the ring.

I'll also add to this: Rollins/Ambrose as a tag team is a great idea and has made me a fan of their work as well. As single competitors I couldn't stand them, but together, they are fun, fresh (right now) and enjoyable to watch. Too bad they continue to destroy the tag division by needlessly breaking up teams and not building more than 1-2 teams at a time.

Also, Smackdown (and 205 live) are completely unwatchable for me right now. This has a lot to do with Jinder at the top, and a pretty useless AJ vs Owens feud (even tho these 2 are my favorites, you'd think I'd dig it...). Also even tho Usos vs. New Day are having great matches, it's way too repetitive now. It doesn't help that they actually treat SD as a second show in the way they handle it... 2 hours vs 3, constantly raping it of their talent on the roster, etc. Also woman's division is being handled poorly there. Weird how it changed. 1-3 months ago I couldn't watch Raw, and now I like a lot of what Raw is offering, but almost nothing on Smackdown.

Edited by iWin4Ron

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 10:55 PM)
How does it continue though? Seems to have a limited shelf life

That's definitely fair and I don't have a good answer to that. He's been so awful for a while now(outside of maybe the Miz program) and this gimmick at least seems like a good fit for who he is. That said, you're definitely right that it most likely has a limited shelf life.

Ya that was pretty awesome. All in on SD actually becoming the Kevin Owens show.

Still like the idea of this Dolph gimmick just no clue where it's going to lead.

New Day/Usos was super botchy but still incredibly fun.

SD women's division is awful with out Becky and Charlotte in the middle of it.

AJ and Tye was super fun.

And I'm still not sure there's a worse pro wrestler in WWE than Jinder.

I'm guessing Bobby is actually being held off tv until he eventually ends Dolph's schtick, makes too much sense. I'm still enjoying the Dolph stuff so whatever. I legit turned off the tv when Jinder came on so can't comment on that segment. And I'm sure Charlotte is about to get a long run. Hopefully that division gets iconic soon.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 03:54 PM)
I'm guessing Bobby is actually being held off tv until he eventually ends Dolph's schtick, makes too much sense. I'm still enjoying the Dolph stuff so whatever. I legit turned off the tv when Jinder came on so can't comment on that segment. And I'm sure Charlotte is about to get a long run. Hopefully that division gets iconic soon.

A.) I'm so glad I found this thread. I forgot that I could talk wrestling with other Soxtalkers.

B.) I keep waiting for the Bobby Roode / Dolph thing to heat up because I think they'll put up some really strong matches.