NCAA basketball thread 2017-18

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 25, 2017 -> 11:20 AM)
JCL officially leaving Illinois. I still don't get it from his perspective, he would've had a huge opportunity at Illinois.

Must not have liked the intensity that Underwood brings and demands.

Illinois now has what, 9 scholarship players? Jeez.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 25, 2017 -> 11:31 AM)
Illinois now has what, 9 scholarship players? Jeez.

I don't think they will get Agau, but I have heard they have another big man target that they are trying to keep quiet. They are also going after that 4star kid from Florida who decommitted from New Mexico St.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 25, 2017 -> 11:33 AM)
I don't think they will get Agau, but I have heard they have another big man target that they are trying to keep quiet. They are also going after that 4star kid from Florida who decommitted from New Mexico St.

What other big man is available? Is he even good? I have heard this about the Florida kid, Figueroa I believe.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 25, 2017 -> 11:35 AM)
What other big man is available? Is he even good? I have heard this about the Florida kid, Figueroa I believe.

There was a small drop of knowledge of there being a target, but no names were offered yet.

Big 12 / SEC Challenge announced.

No. 4 Kentucky at No. 9 West Virginia

Texas A&M at No. 2 Kansas

Baylor at No. 8 Florida

Oklahoma at Alabama

Ole Miss at No. 24 Texas

Oklahoma State at Arkansas

Texas Tech at South Carolina

TCU at Vanderbilt

Tennessee at Iowa State

Georgia at Kansas State

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
Wow. Thad Matta just stepped down as coach of Ohio State. I don't know how to feel about this.

Rumors this morning were that he would step down at the end of the upcoming season. A little surprised it's now. It should have been 3 months ago if they wanted a shot at Archie.

I assume they'll go the interim route this season and then look for a replacement after next season.

edit: wow, sounds like this was OSU's decision. If so, what a dumb move not doing this earlier when prime candidates were available.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 01:07 PM)
Rumors this morning were that he would step down at the end of the upcoming season. A little surprised it's now. It should have been 3 months ago if they wanted a shot at Archie.

I assume they'll go the interim route this season and then look for a replacement after next season.

edit: wow, sounds like this was OSU's decision. If so, what a dumb move not doing this earlier when prime candidates were available.

You never know what's going on behind the scenes. Hope Matta is okay and there isn't something looming.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 01:11 PM)
You never know what's going on behind the scenes. Hope Matta is okay and there isn't something looming.

Thad's had some health issues. AD Gene Smith said that on court performance earned him another year but recruiting was the final straw.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 01:13 PM)
Thad's had some health issues. AD Gene Smith said that on court performance earned him another year but recruiting was the final straw.

Yeah, I don't want to imply anything but an oddly timed forced retirement after a guy has had ongoing back problems that may have affected recruiting just makes me a bit worried. Hope he's okay, hope OSu can find a coach, and that this really just was an AD who did not want to see how bad the team would get after recruiting falling off.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 01:07 PM)

Rumors were from Bucknuts which is always wrong.

his health is f***ed. He cant travel to recruit. If he landed some of the players he was after the last few months he probably would have stayed. But he didnt, so hes gone. Its time.

Clay Hall‏

@claywsyx6

Follow

More

Insider says OSU wish list includes:

Brad Stevens, Tony Bennett, Jay Wright, Sean Miller & Billy Donovan.

I know that OSU has more money than almost every athletic department in the country, but LOL.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 01:59 PM)
Clay Hall‏

@claywsyx6

Follow

More

I know that OSU has more money than almost every athletic department in the country, but LOL.

My wish includes a winning powerball ticket. I wonder who has better odds?

Can't express how pissed i'd be if I was a fan of one of those programs and lost my coach in June/July. Those recruits too, even if anotehr place opens up space for them, it sends a ripple of screwing over kids.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 01:59 PM)
Clay Hall‏

@claywsyx6

Follow

More

He's also full of s***.

Shoulda got Archie months ago. Stupid.