NCAA basketball thread 2017-18

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 02:06 PM)
Jay BilasVerified account @JayBilas If truly students and not employees, there can be no restrictions whatsoever on transfers. Meeting adjourned. https://yhoo.it/2opprv2

I get what he's saying, but the idea of Darren Williams leaving Illinois for Kansas after his sophomore season would be awful.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 06:10 PM)
Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. It would be huge for the program, however.

We'll see. Not getting my hopes up. If Smith does commit to Illinois, I wonder if Tilmon reconsiders again. Odd that we haven't heard anything about him other than a Kansas visit two weeks ago.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 06:18 PM)
Supposedly Mizzou's coaching staff has been informed that Knox will go to Duke, which would likely lead to Jontay Porter reclassifying.

Message board rumors saying Missouri is nervous that they're gonna miss out on Tilmon to the big bloods.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 07:10 PM)
We'll see. Not getting my hopes up. If Smith does commit to Illinois, I wonder if Tilmon reconsiders again. Odd that we haven't heard anything about him other than a Kansas visit two weeks ago.

Message board rumors saying Missouri is nervous that they're gonna miss out on Tilmon to the big bloods.

Mizzou should be worried. JT has significantly better offers from significantly better programs.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 07:10 PM)

I don't know who is in the lead, but I know last year when I saw him, Roy Williams was there in person.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 02:18 PM)
Charlie Moore has committed to Kansas

As an Illini fan, I'm hoping this came about because the Illini staff informed him that Smith plans on committing tomorrow. Pretty reasonable considering all that I've seen over the last week or so.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 07:15 AM)
Not sure Mizzou should be worried about better programs, Illini fans have established he is only seeking a better offer so as long as we keep that up.

Tilmon, and especially his dad, are open to the game (and yes, Illinois was playing that game hard for a long time).

But if you recall from signing day, SLU opened the door with the money offers, but Kansas became the real threat once they knew there was an opening. I still think he ends up at KU or UNC or something like that.

This could be a very big day for Illinois. Supposedly, Brodgacci (sp?) is announcing sometime this week as well. 6'7 forward is down to Virginia and Illinois I believe.

Getting those two would be huge and hopefully fill one of the last two scholarships with Tilmon (unlikely), or a transfer like Bragg