June 10th Game Thread: White Sox @Cleveland Indians

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 12:50 AM)
Interesting. I know Frazier has been kind of Adam Dunn like with his lousy hitting and Ks, but I respect your right to want to sign him. Robertson definitely is a B-plus closer.

There's a pattern here with NL guys the Sox recruit can't adjust to AL pitching. It's a pattern they should stop. I'd keep Frazier because of the position he plays. So these patterns involving Sox scouting may answer your other front office question.

Edited by kitekrazy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why pay Frazier $10+ million at this stage of his career when you can play Davidson there....Yolmer, Delmonico, Saladino (if healthy), maybe even Leury the same way the Indians use Jose Ramirez, all over the field.

There's just no argument for keeping him that's logical from an opportunity cost standpoint.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 01:48 AM)
Good post, Lip. Hey Lip, you are a very very smart person so I'll ask you an honest question. Do you trust our front office to draft the right guys and actually put together a consistent winner after 3-4-5 seasons of this crap? Do you trust that the Sox will acquire good prospects/good future players with this current brain trust?

Greg: I would slightly change your question. I do think this FO will acquire good prospects. I think the more important question, does the farm system have in place a coaching staff in place to develop positional talent?