June 10th Game Thread: White Sox @Cleveland Indians

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 02:24 AM)
Let's keep Robertson

I love u El Rockin. In a mancrush type way. You are the best fan ever. And you and I may be the only 2 people on soxtalk who would rather keep him and acquire more like him in free agency.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 03:00 AM)
I love u El Rockin. In a mancrush type way. You are the best fan ever. And you and I may be the only 2 people on soxtalk who would rather keep him and acquire more like him in free agency.

Great minds think alike gregg. I understand the trade talks and tgecrebuulsvidea, but problem is everyone calling for the dismantling of the current team has no idea who or what we should get in return. All you hear is some vague mention of "prospects." Plus who do we have to replace the important pieces we may think should be traded? I seriously think contract extension for Frazier and Robertson would be a good move

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 10:27 PM)
Great minds think alike gregg. I understand the trade talks and tgecrebuulsvidea, but problem is everyone calling for the dismantling of the current team has no idea who or what we should get in return. All you hear is some vague mention of "prospects." Plus who do we have to replace the important pieces we may think should be traded? I seriously think contract extension for Frazier and Robertson would be a good move

Just my opinion but it really doesn't matter for the next two seasons, who they replace the guys who are traded with.

That's all part of the process that has been decided already for right or wrong by the powers that be.

Any warm body will do.

They are going to lose and lose an awful lot, may as well get used to it, make the best if it and get something good out of it (hopefully) at the end.

Also on the topic of free agency, under current ownership the Sox have never, are never and will never spend the hundreds of millions of dollars to get the absolute top free agents out there. Plus this past off season's crop of free agents as well as next year's is not considered good overall. Even if you signed a bunch of them there were (are) very, very few difference makers...not worth what they were asking. And the Sox had and still have more holes in the lineup and on the roster than craters on the Moon. Even if they wanted to they couldn't possibly sign enough decent free agents to attempt to fill all the gaping issues.

On another topic, the only bad thing tonight was that once again the starting pitcher couldn't go deep into the game (but at least they didn't use Petricka! :)

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 05:38 AM)
Just my opinion but it really doesn't matter for the next two seasons, who they replace the guys who are traded with.

That's all part of the process that has been decided already for right or wrong by the powers that be.

Any warm body will do.

They are going to lose and lose an awful lot, may as well get used to it, make the best if it and get something good out of it (hopefully) at the end.

Also on the topic of free agency, under current ownership the Sox have never, are never and will never spend the hundreds of millions of dollars to get the absolute top free agents out there. Plus this past off season's crop of free agents as well as next year's is not considered good overall. Even if you signed a bunch of them there were (are) very, very few difference makers...not worth what they were asking. And the Sox had and still have more holes in the lineup and on the roster than craters on the Moon. Even if they wanted to they couldn't possibly sign enough decent free agents to attempt to fill all the gaping issues.

On another topic, the only bad thing tonight was that once again the starting pitcher couldn't go deep into the game (but at least they didn't use Petricka! :)

Good post, Lip. Hey Lip, you are a very very smart person so I'll ask you an honest question. Do you trust our front office to draft the right guys and actually put together a consistent winner after 3-4-5 seasons of this crap? Do you trust that the Sox will acquire good prospects/good future players with this current brain trust?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 05:27 AM)
I seriously think contract extension for Frazier and Robertson would be a good move

Interesting. I know Frazier has been kind of Adam Dunn like with his lousy hitting and Ks, but I respect your right to want to sign him. Robertson definitely is a B-plus closer.