7/14 vs Mariners

flavum

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 10:24 PM)
Hopefully he'll have a second half in which hit hits over .300 since he was .200 the first half and looked like he'd regressed quite a bit from a year ago.

If he doesn't...then he had his shot and can go back to AAA until someone gets hurt. Give Leury a longer shot or give Yolmer a longer shot or sign someone to a 2 year deal - plenty of money. All I ask for these guys who are marginal is that they get a shot when no one is pushing at a position. If they don't do anything with it, give that shot to someone else.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 03:29 AM)
If he doesn't...then he had his shot and can go back to AAA until someone gets hurt. Give Leury a longer shot or give Yolmer a longer shot or sign someone to a 2 year deal - plenty of money. All I ask for these guys who are marginal is that they get a shot when no one is pushing at a position. If they don't do anything with it, give that shot to someone else.

Yeah Tyler turns 28 on July 20 so he would be 31 or so when we start contending. Wouldn't be a bad age (Zobrist-ish?) but if he stinks, he stinks.

I'd like to see Renteria push another inning out of Shields and save the bullpen...not so much for the relievers that pitched tonight, but it carries over to the guys who will likely pitch tomorrow night and whom they need to protect.

He was under 100 pitches and it was a good start for him (albeit with an ERA of 6).

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:25 AM)
I'd like to see Renteria push another inning out of Shields and save the bullpen...not so much for the relievers that pitched tonight, but it carries over to the guys who will likely pitch tomorrow night and whom they need to protect.

He was under 100 pitches and it was a good start for him (albeit with an ERA of 6).

I would like to see some fan pass Renteria a note on Anderson and batting position because he can't be looking at stats. Tim is hitting .222 from the leadoff and .279 from the 7. So after the break, Renteria moves him back again to the leadoff and the kid goes 0 for. Are we sure this manager knows how to instill confidence in young players because he is going to be running a daycare by September.