Matt Davidson to DL, Avi Garcia back

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 06:37 AM)
Jose, what are we talking about here?

That's why the Pirates let him go (as well as his performance).

http://piratesbreakdown.com/2017/01/07/pit...ns-alen-hanson/

Hanson needs to show the organization that he is committed to their plan, not his own. Last season when players were called up from the Triple A roster that were different than himself, he would shut down. You would notice Hanson’s effort drop off tremendously. Not only that, other players and coaches would make notes about his morale. It was reported on heavily in the 2016 season. Due to Hanson’s contract and he being out of options, he will have to start the year in Pittsburgh or be put thru the waiver wire. Hopefully the Pirates front office has had a stern talk to the youngster about teamwork and morale this off-season.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 11:07 AM)
Put him on the DL until expanded rosters and bring him back 9/1...if his ego gets the better of him oh well. Then see where he fits in next spring.

Could always just send Engel down for a couple weeks until rosters expand. Go with Delmonico - Leury - Avi OF until September 1. Hanson 4th OF and Yolmer emergency OF.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 08:08 AM)
Any update here?

Matt Davidson (wrist) will be cleared for a rehab assignment if he gets through a workout Tuesday with no issues.

Davidson has missed the last two-plus weeks with a bruised right wrist. It's looking like he could return in the next week or so.

Daryl Van Schouwen - Twitter

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 09:32 AM)
From that timeline September 1st makes a lot of sense.

Yah, otherwise Hanson is probably the odd man out. Which I am OK with, he kind of sucks. I don't see him making the team next year and he is out of options.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 12:52 PM)
Yeah pretty good bait to cut if 40-man space is need in off-season.

There is plenty of that. 40 man roster is at 39, including Cordell who should be on it, but not reflected on mlb.com as on it, and the 60 day DLs.

FA: Soto, Pelfrey, Gonzalez, Holland (reduces to 35)

No brainer cut: Alfredo Gonzalez (reduces to 34)

Other DFA candidates: Jacob May, DJ Peterson, Alen Hanson, Jake Petricka (non tender), Greg Infante, Danny Farquhar, and Chris Beck. Even if just 4 of those are removed from 40 man, roster goes down to 30.

There will be plenty of room. I'd be super curious to see a list of guys on the 40 man that will be out of options next year. That would help clarify some things.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 01:39 PM)
There is plenty of that. 40 man roster is at 39, including Cordell who should be on it, but not reflected on mlb.com as on it, and the 60 day DLs.

Other DFA candidates: Jacob May, DJ Peterson, Alen Hanson, Jake Petricka (non tender), Greg Infante, Danny Farquhar, and Chris Beck. Even if just 4 of those are removed from 40 man, roster goes down to 30.

There will be plenty of room. I'd be super curious to see a list of guys on the 40 man that will be out of options next year. That would help clarify some things.

We should be in pretty good shape for 40 man spaces.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 01:39 PM)

Davidson, Leury, Liriano (not on 40 man), Hanson, Ynoa (not on 40 man), Farquhar and Yolmer are currently out of options. But my guess is list will at least double next season.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 01:43 PM)
Davidson, Leury, Liriano (not on 40 man), Hanson, Ynoa (not on 40 man), Farquhar and Yolmer are currently out of options. But my guess is list will at least double next season.

The other side is the group that needs to be added or lost to Rule 5.