Red Sox Just Blew Bases Loaded 0 out opportunity

ScootsMcGoots

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 12:00 PM)
Since it's off season and I like Sale I'll respond further. ...

- Cutting up jerseys to get his way (I like it. He warned the team he didn't want to pitch in those jerseys. It's been revealed he had concern for his health pitching in them. Maybe he should have just boxed them up and hid them rather than take the scissors to them though; He got punished for it. Many players have screwed up before and will again).

- Tried to fight opposing teams (Geez that's nitpicking. He's a fierce competitor. Probably is his undoing but it's still not a bad trait; I guess he could have got arrested in KC for looking for a fight after the game in the KC locker room but whatever).

- DrakeGate (Drake Gate forced playes to take sides. He took the LaRoche side of it; I like guys who will go against the front office once in a while). Kind of silly to make one of our best pitchers ever a total enemy on here.

He got thrown out of a game for fighting, went over the opposing teams lockerroom and offered to fight the whole team while pounding on the door like a madman. IIRC, it was only an ex-teammate who talked him into going back to his own lockerroom before he did something that would have really gotten him in trouble.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 01:15 PM)
He got thrown out of a game for fighting, went over the opposing teams lockerroom and offered to fight the whole team while pounding on the door like a madman. IIRC, it was only an ex-teammate who talked him into going back to his own lockerroom before he did something that would have really gotten him in trouble.

Wasn't it Rios?

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 06:10 PM)
Those legitimately are the acts of a petulant child, not a competitor.

Cmon. We don't agree Chris Sale is a competitor?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 06:15 PM)

Yeah I wasn't trying to condone his behavior here. Like I said Sale probably could have gotten arrested if he hit somebody in that Royals incident. I think people are being way too hard on Sale. He had to pay for the uniform incident by getting suspended and paying for the jerseys. The Royals incident thankfully for him proved to be nothing of substance except him embarrassing himself and the team. And the LaRoche thing is basically nothing. He sided with his buddy, not management.

I mean the incidents are regrettable, but lots of players screw up, like the ones who beefed up using steroids and got suspended for it but were allowed to return to the game.

I still think with a proper manager and front office people we could have contended with Sale and Q as the top two pieces of our rotation. I wonder if some of the Sale hate on here is simply people wanting to again back the front office for not trying to win divisions with Sale and Q leading the way instead choosing to rebuild.

I am a big Sale fan, though I was disturbed whenever he refused to come out of games, giving Robin the stare.

Edited by greg775