2018 NFL off-season thread

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Yeah, I think Bears need to fold.

While I understand the argument they shouldn't have to pay for production they didn't get, the league has increased suspensions for more and more on-field play, which is increasing potential for players to miss guarantees due to decreased playing time.

The teams get to vote on those rules, the players do not. The team should take the risk, not the player, especially on the defaulted slotted contracts.

If a guy has a history of it? By all means try to add it into a FA contract, but this is silly.

They need to get taken to the woodshed and it just is a bad look. Same as the whole charges saga last year with Bosa.  Get it done Bears....get it done. We have good momentum, lets not kill it over some remotely to be used language in a deal that fundamentally seems should be on the players side.  It isn't like the league is pushing the Bears on this (since the LB the Bills drafted apparently got the language in his contract that the Bears aren't willing to give).  

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

They need to get taken to the woodshed and it just is a bad look. Same as the whole charges saga last year with Bosa.  Get it done Bears....get it done. We have good momentum, lets not kill it over some remotely to be used language in a deal that fundamentally seems should be on the players side.  It isn't like the league is pushing the Bears on this (since the LB the Bills drafted apparently got the language in his contract that the Bears aren't willing to give).  

I'm a little conflicted on the issue. In one respect other players have gotten it. On the other, it sets a real bad precedent of implicitly telling the players they don't need to follow the rules. The current situation is mostly due to the new head lowering rule but it doesn't sound like the agent wants it for just that rule. They want it for any suspension. Which is odd because the Bears did have a suspension last year for a hit and they didn't take away any of the guaranteed money.