Bye Bye Bartolo?

YASNY

If Colon will not take money offered , Pettitte will not sign for that little of money either, Sox go bargain hunting again.

Apparently the Orioles really want Pettite bad, he's their no.1 priority this offseason.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him a lot and will miss him but that's too much money.

Let the Yanks have him.

Teams will never learn. He's one pitch from being done like all pitchers.

That's just too much money at 12.5 mill a year or whatever.

Have fun with the Yanks Mr. Colon.

I think da Red Sox will be pretty desperate for him as well just for da fact he throws so many complete games. If he pitched in Game 2 instead of Wakefield who only went bout 6 and a 1/3 that series would be all square. Of course any1's betta than Boston bullpen at da moment.

We're doomed to lose Colon cause apparently he's become one of these

guys teams must have.

Teams means the Yanks or Phils or Bosox or one of the ones who will

overspend.

That's another reason I wanted to win it this year so badly.

We lose Colon.

That really is gonna be a major loss unless one of our younguns turns into Pryor.

Mark, please get off the Weaver kick.  Weaver is the most overrated pitcher in the game.

And he is not even rated that highly.....

Weaver's contract is hideous when taking into account his production. That's an albatross we don't need.

The problem I have with that article and baseball in general is this......

If a guy likes a city and a team and wants to play for them, what the f*** difference does an extra 2-3 million a year make when you are already talking $10 million?  Is that going to help his credit score all that much? 

Being extremely rich is the same as being dirt poor.  In both situations, money has no real value.  When dirt poor and you don't have any money, it has no real value.  You never worry about money because you don't have any.  Survival is more important.  When extrememly rich the situation is the same, except that there is no value becuase you have so much you don't know what to do with it all.  You never have any money worries, because you always have an endless supply.

Make sense?

In general and short of death, do the rich ever stop trying to accumulate wealth?

why should this come as a surprise to anyone. ;) .... he came to us easily.. and he will leave easily.....lol .. havent you been sayin this all season long ..as well as a few others??? not exactly a shocker here.....steff they never learn.... :rolleyes:  :D

No surprize. You, Steph and Corg have been saying this all year long.

always believed the Yankees steered him here and away from Boston for a relatively cheap price

helped them stay ahead of Boston this year

and it put Colon in position for the Yankees to scoop him up for next season

that was a no brainer

Now the question is, can we spend that $10 elsewhere and get another solid pitcher or two?

that's KW's job

Javier Vazquez, Sidney Ponson are two off the top of my mind.

Now that would work. Loaiza, Buehrle, Vasquez, Ponson, Garland. Yes, I could live with that. :lol:

Mark, please get off the Weaver kick.  Weaver is the most overrated pitcher in the game.

And he is not even rated that highly.....

Weaver's contract is hideous when taking into account his production. That's an albatross we don't need.

And he a horrible selfcentered teammate. Yet another thing we don't need

If Colon will not take money offered , Pettitte will not sign for that little of money either, Sox go bargain hunting again.

And people are shocked by this? :huh:

Hopefully there's another Loaiza out there cause if there's not..... we're f***ed. Ponson..... if that's Plan B..... ain't the answer.

Why not use that 10-12M/yr you were going to give Colon and sign Ponson/LHernandez AND take a chance on Wilson Alverez. That would probably cost you 8-10M/yr, so you save about 2M/yr, get compensation for Colon, find a decent SLIGHT downgrade for Colon, and improve your 5th starter drasticly. That would make sense to me, hopefully it makes as much sense to KW and JR.

Weaver would be a mistake. The Sox are trying to get rid of overpaid underachievers with terrible contracts(Konerko and Koch come to mind) not add more. I don't care if the Yankees pay his entire contract AND take Konerko/Koch. Weaver is not that good, and to top it offer he spit in the Sox face when he didn't sign with them after he was drafted. Please stay away from him and refrain from mentioning his name.

Vazquez would be great, but I have a feeling thats a pipedream. Then again I thought the Sox getting Colon last offseason was a pipedream so you never know. I still think it would be unlikely(and would cost a few good prospects) and that the Sox would be better offer signing Ponson/LHernandez AND WAlverez.