White Sox vs Cardinals 5/2/18 12:15PM

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I didn't watch the same game you just did then.  Dude was locating like a beast until the solo homer got him out of rhythm.

No, we watched the same game. He has to be damn near perfect with his command/control to be successful right now, and he was until the HR. Once he lost that pinpoint command it was over. He should have been able to give the team 8 innings with where his pitch count was after 6, but everything went to crap. He started walking guys and the command was gone. He then proceeded to get lit up. He has zero room for error. Just because he was nearly perfect through the first 5 2/3 today, doesn't mean he's going to locate like that in most starts. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

No, we watched the same game. He has to be damn near perfect with his command/control to be successful right now, and he was until the HR. Once he lost that pinpoint command it was over. He should have been able to give the team 8 innings with where his pitch count was after 6, but everything went to crap. He started walking guys and the command was gone. He then proceeded to get lit up. He has zero room for error. Just because he was nearly perfect through the first 5 2/3 today, doesn't mean he's going to have it in most starts. 

Nah, guys did fine with the stuff that Giolito had today, and much less to be honest, for a century plus.  He got rattled after the homer, but that is something he will learn to pitch over as he matures.

I'm going to be honest I think he hurt himself right there because he was at least a little afraid of Rickie's wrath for not hustling.  Just my opinion.  Meaningless game and he's busting ass on a bad ankle and makes it worse.  So now he's going to miss time most likely.  Pisses me off.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Abreu has been so unlucky this year.

Maybe he isn't unlucky, so much as analytics have caught up to his batted ball profile and defenders are playing him differently. When players have "unlucky" seasons, you have to take that into account. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Maybe he isn't unlucky, so much as analytics have caught up to his batted ball profile and defenders are playing him differently. When players have "unlucky" seasons, you have to take that into account. 

Maybe, they seem to have him positioned perfectly in the OF so far this year.  But he's a spray hitter when he's at his best so to an extent he should be immune to that.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm going to be honest I think he hurt himself right there because he was at least a little afraid of Rickie's wrath for not hustling.  Just my opinion.  Meaningless game and he's busting ass on a bad ankle and makes it worse.  So now he's going to miss time most likely.  Pisses me off.

Good.  Now he knows that the way to play for this team is to hustle.  Message received.  Hustle benefits the team 99/100 times--with the 1% fluke ankle twist/bruise in there.  I'm ok with it.  

Just now, FT35 said:

Good.  Now he knows that the way to play for this team is to hustle.  Message received.  Hustle benefits the team 99/100 times--with the 1% fluke ankle twist/bruise in there.  I'm ok with it.  

One day he'll have Robinson Cano's profile in the league and his manager will let him jog when he's not at 100% in order to keep his incredible talents in the lineup more often.

I look forward greatly to that day.  This is pro ball.  The idea that you have to go balls to the walls all the time is counter-productive and naive.  The worst thing you can say about future HOFer Cano is that he jogs to 1B.  Let's hope that's the worst we can say about Moncada in 8 years.

If there was no hustle the Sox only score 1 that inning, not 2.  Moncada wasn't hurt enough apparently to run on the pitch and take the extra base.  Shit happens...he looked fine walking off the field, it's probably more of a precaution.