Sox.Orioles Game thread 5.23.18 The Return of Covey

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

Is Yolmer a utility player? Doesn't utility player mean bench guy, or is it another term used for someone who can play multiple positions? Because last I checked Yolmer is and has been our starting third baseman since opening day, and rightfully so.

I mean Tony Phillips was a "utility guy" but was also a solid starter for most of his career.  I think like "TOR Starter" or "Ace" it's just semantics.  It can mean a solid regular that can play all over or it can mean a backup that can play all over.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean Tony Phillips was a "utility guy" but was also a solid starter for most of his career.  I think like "TOR Starter" or "Ace" it's just semantics.

Interesting. I guess I view Leury as being more of a strong definition of utility than Yolmer.

19 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Covey is Cy Young himself  tonight compared to Fulmer's starts. Thank God we don't have to go through those anymore

Dude won the Cy Young in 2021 in my OOTP for the World Series winning White Sox. You heard it here first.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OmarComing25 said:

Dude won the Cy Young in 2021 in my OOTP for the World Series winning White Sox. You heard it here first.

Nice.  In every OOTP game I started last year Rodon turned into a pumpkin.  Moncada almost always panned out into a stud though.  Didn't pick up this year's version, maybe when it goes on down to $19.  Just updated rosters really.