Game thread right here

Kyyle23

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mostly because I don't count anything Giolito did this season before around June 15. He's missing more than Lopez the last few weeks. Once he stopped flying open, he became much better. Working through severe delivery  issues at the big league level in a lost season is deserving of a mulligan. 

He has been much better, I can’t deny that.  Just don’t understand what Cooper is doing with Lopez.  Have him throw the changeup more when he’s ahead in the count.  Who cares if he the results aren’t great in the short-run, relying on two pitches isn’t helping his development.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He has been much better, I can’t deny that.  Just don’t understand what Cooper is doing with Lopez.  Have him throw the changeup more when he’s ahead in the count.  Who cares if he the results aren’t great in the short-run, relying on two pitches isn’t helping his development.

Completely agree. There is zero reason for the Sox org, or anyone in general to give a rat's ass about results from Giolito or Lopez this year. As long as they're both better pitchers at the end of the season than they were at the beginning, who really care? They have the luxury of developing pitchers at the MLB level in a lost season, they should  use that ability wisely. It just seems like Giolito and Lopez are going in polar opposite directions. Giolito's starts have become much better and Lopez's have become much worse as the season has gone on. The other reason that I didn't mention Giolito in that comment is that with him, I think the Ks will come with time, and I'm not as sure about that with Lopez. 

Edited by Jack Parkman