Hahn Interview

ChiSox59

Honestly my favorite part of the podcast was when that lady spoke up about how she is the loudest one at Sox games (the same on that got Verlander to write "no, you suck" on a sign because she was heckling him, and wanted to know if the Sox wanted her to be quiet, and Hahn was like "you aren't doing a damn thing wrong" or something like that, that was great.

6 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

There's been alot of this shit happening around here in various threads and it's gotten old quick. I have no problem with people seeing things differently as long as they discuss it but using that stupid emoji without commenting is pure chicken shit. 

Well done ChiSox59 and thank you for taking the time to summarize Hahn's comments. Much appreciated.

I think we get a little too hung up on the emoji's. Sure its great to get recognition from a well thought out post . On the other hand some of the posts that get the most trophies or likes that I've seen are ones that insult other posters. I only noticed this when on a rare occasion I questioned a certain posters intelligence and I got some of the good emoji's and I started paying attention to it.

I don't think I've ever given a "confused" emoji since if I'm confused as to what a person means I ask them what they meant . Just let that stuff roll off your back and  make sure you give out the "thanks" and "like" emoji's more often to negate the "confused" ones. Just have to let it roll of your back especially when if you say something about it  you'll probably end up getting some "confused" ones from the smart asses or grudge motivated posters. Not everyone has the knowledge or writing ability to convey their thoughts in a meaningful way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think we get a little too hung up on the emoji's. Sure its great to get recognition from a well thought out post . On the other hand some of the posts that get the most trophies or likes that I've seen are ones that insult other posters. I only noticed this when on a rare occasion I questioned a certain posters intelligence and I got some of the good emoji's and I started paying attention to it.

I don't think I've ever given a "confused" emoji since if I'm confused as to what a person means I ask them what they meant . Just let that stuff roll off your back and  make sure you give out the "thanks" and "like" emoji's more often to negate the "confused" ones. Just have to let it roll of your back especially when if you say something about it  you'll probably end up getting some "confused" ones from the smart asses or grudge motivated posters. Not everyone has the knowledge or writing ability to convey their thoughts in a meaningful way.

You’re 100% right on this, I just think in this particular case it’s ridiculous to downvote ChiSox59’s recap of the podcast.  I listened to the entire thing and his summary was spot-on and captured every major point.  Posts like his are what make this site so great and a step above other MLB team boards IMO.  If we’re going to go have a recognition system, posts like his deserve a ton of positive feedback and not this trolling nonsense.

There should be a downvote or dislike emoji and they should be public.  

Someone could be "confused" with your logic, but not be downvoting it.  Although i'm sure that's not whats happening here.

There's another site I frequent and they have public downvotes and even a buttfumble emoji.  It's pretty funny.

Edited by black jack

This is the best site for White Sox fans. I have no idea who runs this site. Whoever it is, they have made this site  for real White Sox fans. This site is the real world. People get to express their opinions regardless of what those opinions are. The worse site for real White Sox fans is WSI. Its the Mickey Mouse of White Sox websites run by a semi literate moron.

Edited by WBWSF
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

-Mentioned prospect for prospect type deals to deal from an area of depth. Said he had a few discussion about them in recent weeks, but that they are tough to do during the season, but they may resurface in the winter.  

Great. I already proposed one of those in one of the threads in Future Sox before the podcast .Orioles have a good prospect at third base and I proposed trading from the OF depth since O's are starting a rebuild and might want more depth . Probably would be difficult to convince them to rid themselves of one of their best prospects but if we provide some quality and quantity  you never know.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:57 AM, ChiSox59 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/white-sox-talk-podcast-rick-hahn-unplugged-live-remote-podcast Have not listened to it yet, but I’m sure this was covered.

Definitely worth listening to.  Nothing earth shattering, but here are a few notes:

-Continued to say that any prospect is not going to be called up for instant gratification or fan complaints, etc.  He said that they're not going to do anything to jeopardize the long term sustained success of the club.   Take out of that what you please, but IMO, Hahn has been pretty crystal clear about this all along.  He even made a funny comment that now everyone thinks he's an idiot because the guy he acquired is doing so well.  

-Don't expect to see Burger before middle of next season.

-Was asked about under the radar prospects to follow and mentioned Luis Gonzalez and Alex Call.

-Was asked about future RH relievers on the farm.  Mentioned Burdi, Hamilton, Ruiz, Burr and Vieria.  No mention of Fulmer at all, which I found interesting.  Seemed like a good opportunity to touch on his move to the pen.  He did break that Burdi will be pitching in the AZL starting tomorrow and he expects him to be there for the rest of the season.

-They're going to continue to let Moncada develop as a switch hitter, but that moving to exclusively LH is not out of the question in the future.

-The intention with demoting Hansen is for him to working with Zeleski.  The two have previously clicked. 

-WSD asked about big time FAs and if the Sox will be in a position to spend $300M+ to acquire the likes of Machado and Harper.  He did not touch on either of them specifically but said "While I cannot guarantee you that we will land any whale FAs, I can tell you that when the time is right, this club will be in a position to go down swinging."  Mentioned multiple times that they know this club will need to be augmented by FA signings.

-Mentioned prospect for prospect type deals to deal from an area of depth. Said he had a few discussion about them in recent weeks, but that they are tough to do during the season, but they may resurface in the winter.  

-Touched on Bryce Bush and how excited they are about him.  They didn't think they'd be able to get him to sign, but that they were thrilled to be able to get him in the fold.  Said he's a top of the draft talent. 

great stuff....thanks for the recap.

— Sox are building a ridiculous bullpen that will help them win games but also acquiring other talent at some point.

— Interesting he even acknowledged Moncada moving exclusively to LH. 

— Arenado or bust for me.  Meh to Machado and Harper...don't want that circus in town.

— Bryce Bush...I must have been sleeping when this happened...but a really nice unexpected boon.  MSU must be a little disappointed.

14 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

To be honest I don't recall ever using the confused emoji but it's possible. I have used the laughter emoji in both laughing with someone and laughing at someone. Some posts are such obvious troll jobs that I just can't resist the temptation of laughing at them. I'll stop there because I really don't have anything nice to say about the trolls. ;)

• Haha 1