Burdi removed from AFL "general fatigue"

southsider2k5

10 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

I feel ya.  I guess it just seems premature for any amount of downside to me.  

The evidence says his arm cannot handle a typical workload right now,  AND his velocity is down.  

So all I can conclude at this point is that his arm isn’t ready.  Concern of any kind seems a year early, so reporting that “concern is fair” seems inaccurate to me and unnecessarily alarmist.

I’m probably reading a negative tone that isn’t intended to be there 🤠🌮

I feel ya but you know any fan who follows whats happening to Burdi  and sees that he's been shut down for general fatigue pretty much automatically the alarm bells in your head go off .Any time even a healthy pitcher goes down with a vague reason like that it makes you wonder then it doubles for a guy coming back from surgery even though we know its part of the process.

Fegan is only mentioning what most of us are thinking. Maybe we all need to become more familiar with a timeline for recovery . Maybe you can do that while also explaining just because there's a timeline doesn't mean it's a linear process.

19 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not only that but total lack of baseball knowledge and perspective. We just watched a World Series where Eovaldi was throwing 101 after 2 Tommy John surgeries. How much time did he miss ? How many set backs did he have ? How many times was he fatigued ? Are we going to hearing the same shit when Kopoch's return doesn't go in some linear ,orderly fashion to suit the internet Nazi's ?

This post I find ironic because my first concern was the challenges during the recovery period between TJ surgeries. They knew enough not to push Zack beyond the normal discomfort level at this stage which is good. Also a shout-out to all the posters including Kopech in the 2020 rotation. You have to stock many arms and hope for the best. 

13 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

From that article:

"It kind of showed me I'm on the right track," Burdi said. "Everything is good, trusting the process. ... I was really excited with the Fall League and my five outings.

"I faced a lot of guys that were big name dudes in their respective organizations and had really competitive at-bats. There's a lot of positives to take away. At the end of the day, the whole point was to end the recovery healthy, and we did that. It was time to shut it down after a long 15 months of rehab and throwing. Definitely happy that I'm healthy going into the offseason."

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

From that article:

"It kind of showed me I'm on the right track," Burdi said. "Everything is good, trusting the process. ... I was really excited with the Fall League and my five outings.

"I faced a lot of guys that were big name dudes in their respective organizations and had really competitive at-bats. There's a lot of positives to take away. At the end of the day, the whole point was to end the recovery healthy, and we did that. It was time to shut it down after a long 15 months of rehab and throwing. Definitely happy that I'm healthy going into the offseason."

Not nearly as doom & gloom as James Fegan has been suggesting.  Obviously I’m still concerned, but do feel a little better after reading that.

Was watching the fall stars game that I dvr'd . Robert grounded out to third his 1st Ab against Forrest Whitley  in the 2nd inning.

Right behind the plate was a guy holding a sign that said" White Sox sign Manny Machado" which I surmised was a plea rather than a statement of fact . Wonder if it's a Soxtalker.

So Robert went 0/4 with 2 K's. Definitely looked like they were trying to jam him and he couldn't lay off the ones that weren't strikes.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
added Roberts last 3 AB's

I think it is a given that any org would have 2-3 guys in recovery from TJ working their way back. It would also explain why Coop is not big on velocity as his top focus. Not all arms are going to respond well trying to add 3-5 mph to their fastball.