Bryant Case

Have a nice night, I held up as long as I could. Well done.

Steve.. I just gotta say that was some fun last night. I was in a pissy mood cause I had been at work for 13 hours AND had to take work home...

You got caught in the crossfire :ph34r:

Hope there are no hard feelings. :cheers

No no, that was fun. Ya had me too, I was just trying to keep my head above water for a lil bit there. I hadn't shown a great deal of concentration at the beginning. :cheers

Ahhh.. lack of concentration. That will get ya every time :nono

Stick with me Stevo.. I'll show you all my secrets :lol: ;)

:ph34r: If you're lucky :)

Hey now.. I said I'd give you my "30" tips. So far it's been pretty uneventful.. :lol:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wax on, wax off.  :lol:

By the way, I thought we were using the right term of bias. I don't know if you noticed, but I write 'ya' instead of 'you' sometimes too. It is just habit, but I wouldn't think it confuses anyone, I think everyone knew what we meant last night.

Tomato... tamato :lol:

He was incorrect in saying "bias" was not a word.

Never said that. Can I shout to the world that you're a liar now? :lol:

Whatever floats your boat. But before you do......

QUOTE (IlliniBob72 @ Oct 16 2003, 11:07 PM)

I really hate to pick on grammar and spelling...I really do, but I have to say this because it's driving me nuts. Nobody is "bias". People are "biased", not "bias".

Thank you. Carry on.

You said we were wrong.. in usage - that better? :lolhitting

Much. :)

Steff, I have no idea if you are being sincere or if this is one of your psycho babble sessions, but where in this list of links am I "wavering"? :huh:

Just like most everyone here, I have a "guilty" or "not guilty" in my head, but that of course can change. Everything that I've heard so far points to "not guilty" IMO, but, we'll have to wait and see what evidence the DA supposedly has.
= me on July 21

But at this point, hearing some of the stuff about this girl, I just don't see it as rape. LIKE I SAID, the evidence has yet to be made public, so for all we know it could be cut and dry that he's guilty. It's ALL speculation at this point, and on a message board, that's what we're going to do -- speculate and give our opinions and thoughts.

I would appreciate it if you didn't try to liken me to a rapist just because I happen to be siding with "not guilty" as of July 21, 2003 at 9:10 am.

= me again on July 21

I've never said Kobe is 100% innocent. He's guilty of adultery. To me, that's not 100% innocence. But, in regards to the charge of sexual assault, yes, I do think he is innocent. So shoot me.

Show me where I said it was the girl's fault. If he raped her, she put herself in a bad situation by going to his room, BUT it's not her fault that it happened. Also, if it was consentual sex like Kobe stated, it's nobody's fault...it's just something that happens far too often in this country.

And I've NEVER said this is a set-up. That implies that the DA, sheriff, and the girl collaborated and made this whole thing up and then carried it out. I do, though, think that it's a strong possibility that this girl is taking a consentual act and turning it into rape.

= me yet again on July 21

Well, as you can tell by my posts on this topic, I don't think he did it either.

However, I was shocked when he admitted to adultery, so I suppose anything is possible.

But, if I had to bet on it, I'd lay my money on the "not guilty" side of the table.

= me on July 21

Yeah Steff, I reallllllllllllllllly wavered. All I ever said that could even be remotely mistaken for "wavering" was that we would have to wait and see and that I am disappointed in Kobe. That is hardly wavering.

So, for calling me a liar and trying to use BS quotes by me as "evidence", :fyou.

You're a LIAR cause you said the posts were not there. C'mon Clu... get one.

Ane yes, IMO, you wavered. You said you were convinced of his innocence from the start. Clearly.. you were covering your ass in the begining. No big deal.. I was doing the same in not making a statement either way.

Liar, liar pants on fire.

Judge rules that teh "Golden Boy" will stand trial for rape.

I don't know a lot of the details but it sounds like Mr. Bryant could be in some big trouble. Blood on the victims clothes?

But I though OJ was guilty...I mean I still think he is, but...ah fuggetaboutit.

I don't know a lot of the details but it sounds like Mr. Bryant could be in some big trouble. Blood on the victims clothes?

But I though OJ was guilty...I mean I still think he is, but...ah fuggetaboutit.

The burden of proof is so minimal at the preliminary. Unless there is some serious bombshell that has yet to be revealed.. I say he's got nothing to worry about. However.. if his attny's can't produce other men thay are implying she slept with.. there goes the credibility and that will hurt his case a lot. Should be interesting.

The burden of proof is so minimal at the preliminary. Unless there is some serious bombshell that has yet to be revealed.. I say he's got nothing to worry about. However.. if his attny's can't produce other men thay are implying she slept with.. there goes the credibility and that will hurt his case a lot. Should be interesting.

yeah prelim is "sufficent evidence for trial" and at the trial the burden of proof is "beyond a resonable doubt"

Big, big difference.

That has to be stuff we haven't heard from both sides. He will play alot of games this year, but I wonder how it will effect him. His knee surgury over the offseason has set him back, and he is not in great shape. I do not see him being the same player this year (he will be a star, but not to the level where he has established himself).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...