GT Chicago v Chicago, 6/18/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

1 minute ago, BFirebird said:

That Eloy HR is a great intro to the Cubs/Sox rivalry for the next 8 years hopefully. One that Cub fans will hopefully regret for years to come. That was great theatre tonight. Great game and great win. 

That great Eloy smile reminds me of a Sox HOF great with a contagious smile.  Frank and Eloy could have similar careers.

10 minutes ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

Love it. Benetti throwing shade after the HR, saying thanks Cubs. Then when Baez flies out, saying not everyone can not square up a ball and hit it out. 

Yeah, that was mean haha...

https://cuts.diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2019/2019-06/18/65a6ec07-f0c20c3b-f6597699-CSVM-DIAMONDTMP-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Looks like it, starting at 5 pm and getting worse as the hours pass. Stone even hinted at it early on

I appreciate you sharing that. Emotional stuff man

I lost my mom this spring as well. She's the one that actually taught me how to keep score. I miss both of them but it's a connection I'll always have with both of them.

• Like 2

Just now, Heads22 said:

I lost my mom this spring as well. She's the one that actually taught me how to keep score. I miss both of them but it's a connection I'll always have with both of them.

Really tough. Keep pushing man

• Like 2

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Its probably why I get tired of the constant b****ing during game threads. I watch this shit for enjoyment, not to find another thing to b**** about in my life

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Its probably why I get tired of the constant b****ing during game threads. I watch this shit for enjoyment, not to find another thing to b**** about in my life

Truth. I was probably pretty bad in GT's from 2017-2018 but now besides the easy jabs at the suck ass guys I just enjoy good baseball conversation

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Truth. I was probably pretty bad in GT's from 2017-2018 but now besides the easy jabs at the suck ass guys I just enjoy good baseball conversation

Its why I've always liked @fathom He might be a tad negative, but he knows more about baseball than most of the people here, and at least he explains his shit and does take the time to enjoy the good things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Its why I've always liked @fathom He might be a tad negative, but he knows more about baseball than most of the people here, and at least he explains his shit and does take the time to enjoy the good things.

I respect fathom but a “tad negative” is an understatement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

We honestly can't have a game thread without someone whining about the front office.  

Meanwhile we're trying to watch a baseball game.  

I just can't help but go after those people in game threads.

And then (I wouldn't know for sure, I haven't seen a post from him in months) @Fan O'Faust adds nothing.

Edited by Eloy Jiménez
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Its why I've always liked @fathom. He might be a tad negative, but he knows more about baseball than most of the people here, and at least he explains his shit and does take the time to enjoy the good things.

He's one of my personal favorite posters on this board. You too Alex. 

• Love 1

Just now, Eloy Jiménez said:

We honestly can't have a game thread without someone whining about the front office.  

Meanwhile we're trying to watch a baseball game.  

I just can't help but go after those people in game threads.

Which makes you equally as distracting.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1