White Sox vs Twins 3:12 PM Nova vs Pineda

Kyyle23

All things considered Nova wasn't terrible today. Sox have 1 run against Michael Pineda. They wouldn't have won today with Giolito pitching with 1 run.

Moncada's looking better and better at 3B by the day. The sky is the limit for Yoan.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

All things considered Nova wasn't terrible today. Sox have 1 run against Michael Pineda. They wouldn't have won today with Giolito pitching with 1 run.

Moncada's looking better and better at 3B by the day. The sky is the limit for Yoan.

Everyone needs to STFU about Rendon. Moncada is our 3B. Leave him alone and let him rake. 

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

First, we would have had to have a better minor league staff and front office to draft Trout over Jared Mitchell.  😂

To be fair, Jared Mitchell's career was derailed by a devastating foot injury. If he doesn't get injured he's probably a Mike Cameron clone. Not Mike Trout, but still a useful player. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

And many of those draft picks at least made the majors.

Perhaps you don't recall correctly because picks 2-6 were Donovan Tate, Dustin Ackley, Tony Sanchez, and Matt Hobgood and after them there were some horrendous selections

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Sorry to be ignorant, but who the hell is that guy in the Wisconsin commercial who I am clearly supposed to know and what sport he's retired from?

Donald Driver Ex packer

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Probably a Mike Cameron clone. Dude, Mike Cameron was a 95 th percentile outcome for Mitchell or anybody else. 

I blame MLB network and their ridiculous comps for these lofty expectations 

We will never know because he got injured in his first Spring training with the team. Mitchell was the 2009 CWS MVP. He was raking that entire college season. His career was over before it even started. He was climbing a wall during Spring training in 2010 and tore a bunch of ligaments in his foot. I believe he would have been that type of player had he not suffered a career altering injury. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Jack, I  constantly give you shit and basically disagree with everything you say, but you‘re always respectful and I respect that. 

Cheers!

There are a lot of people on this site that think that Mitchell would have been a solid MLB player if not for his injury. Shit happens. 

I don't disagree with you about Cameron being a 95th percentile outcome, btw. I just would have liked to see what the guy could have done had he not suffered a devastating injury. 

Edited by Jack Parkman